Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
M_Miramontes
Initiate
Initiate

I've been trying to setup new Arlo devices via the Arlo app and I'm running into a wall. I already have a Netgear account and when I try signing into the Arlo app, it detects my Netgear account and loops the login process. When I try signing up for a new Arlo profile, my email is detected being registered to my Netgear account thus starting the looped process again. My only solutions that I can come up with is use a different email address for signing up (prefer not to do) or deleting my Netgear account and see if that works. Any ideas on how to get around this?

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

have you tried on the web...  a diff browser like Fire Fox

https://arlo.netgear.com/

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
M_Miramontes
Initiate
Initiate

I've tried firefox, safari, and internet explorer. I might have to end up using an alternate email. I've tried contacting their customer support but no luck on hearing back from anyone. Thank you for your response.

Press14English
Aspirant
Aspirant

@TomMac I have the same problem.  I have tried the most recent and Arlo-supported version of Firefox, IE, and Chrome (which Arlo says works with any version BTW), and nothing.  I have enabled cookies, updated Flash, allowed Flash to run, cleared my cache, reset browser to default settings, restarted my browser, and restarted my computer.  I have attempted to log in from multiple different networks, and still, I can't get access (except through my phone app).  Half the time, I click on links and buttons on their support page, and those don't work either.  It's amazing for a networking company like Netgear to have such a piece of crap website.  Of course, their cameras are a piece of crap too, but that's a different post.  

Need help if anyone has a solution.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It seems you tried all I would have... Have no idea why you can't acces via the web ( since the system is working via app ) .

I find the web acces to be the most stable of all ; apps vs web, and do most of my work on a win 10 computer.... I leave the iOS/ Andoid for mostly arming/ disarming, testing.

Only other thing is some users have had issues with some virus protection prgms stopping proper function 

Morse is faster than texting!
bkim
Aspirant
Aspirant
You are out of luck. you can’t use arlo if you already have a netgear account associated with the same email address. How genius
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I use the same email address for both Netgear and Arlo.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation