Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
SchapRetr
Tutor
Tutor

The new Arlo by Netgear 2 indoor/outdoor lights are being advertised for pre order (delivery in May 2018), but nothing on the Arlo/Netgear website describing the lights says how far the lights can be mounted from your house where the base station/router is located. Does anyone have a clue? Netgear Chat Support had no answers

4 REPLIES 4
bigredx86
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well the lights come with a "Bridge" and I was wondering if the "Bridge" is still needed if you have an Arlo Base station?

I would suspect the "Bridge" would have the same distances as the Arlo Base Station 250 to 300 FT if clear of view.

V8
Apprentice
Apprentice

The lights themselves are only 400 Lumens, which is less than a standard 60W bulb, so you can pretty much bet they are not going to light up a driveway or that type of distance with any great luminosity. I had a 485 Lumen's bulb in my floodlight and it didn't light up diddly, so replaced the entire light with a 30W LED Light @2100 Lumens.

I would say 10 Ft. Max, or somewhere like a porch or small area it needs to light up.

SchapRetr
Tutor
Tutor
I wanted to know not how far the light from the security lights illuminates but how far can the new wireless Arlo security light can be located from my house where the base station or router. My base station or bridge for the outdoor security lights will be about 50 feet from lights. Is that within range of being operated wirelessly?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We have no idea since no one outside of Netgear has even seen one of these. Wait until it's released and we'll be able to provide details.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation