Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
BillRapidCity
Aspirant
Aspirant

I discovered that semi-direct sunlight was triggering my Arlo Security Light.  I had set it on a schedule to be armed except for the period from 2:00 pm till 4:30 pm.  I need to take off the time from noon till 2:00 pm, so it is not armed during that period.  I can add more time to the schedule, but there appears to be no way to remove time from the schedule or eliminate the schedule to start over.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BillRapidCity
Aspirant
Aspirant

I fully agree!  There was an App update today while I was removing the Light and Bridge from my system.  Previously, I could select Armed, Schedules, and GeoFencing all at the same time.  When I reinstalled and synched everything up after the latest update, I could only select one.  I have my cameras on 24/7 and the light scheduled basically for hours of darkness.  I would like to keep the light engaged 24/7 to enhance motion detection in that area, but losing that additional coverage during the day shouldn't be the end of the world!

Thanks for your advice!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using an app?

Web access helps make this easier with the mouse dragging the top of bottom of time slot

https://my.arlo.com

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
BillRapidCity
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I was trying to make the changes with the Arlo App.  Just signed in online and see what you are saying!  Thanks!  Sad that the App is not as useful as the online utility.  Perhaps Arlo will make changes in the future to allow changes to the schedule to add or subtract.

Sadly, I went about it the hard way and removed my light and bridge.  When I reinstalled them, I got the abbreviated schedule I started with.  Also found that I could not select "Armed" and "Schedule" at the same time.  Previously, both were selected, which is what (I think) was causing my issue of the light triggering most of the day when the sun was shining on or towards it.  Now, I see that my light is not armed during most of the day, and looks like my false triggers have ended.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, you shouldn’t be able to select both...

Schedule isn’t really a mode, but a timer for other modes.

So you would select Schedule and the pull the Armed Mose into a time slot

Morse is faster than texting!
BillRapidCity
Aspirant
Aspirant

I fully agree!  There was an App update today while I was removing the Light and Bridge from my system.  Previously, I could select Armed, Schedules, and GeoFencing all at the same time.  When I reinstalled and synched everything up after the latest update, I could only select one.  I have my cameras on 24/7 and the light scheduled basically for hours of darkness.  I would like to keep the light engaged 24/7 to enhance motion detection in that area, but losing that additional coverage during the day shouldn't be the end of the world!

Thanks for your advice!

Travi3s
Aspirant
Aspirant

My recordings also have the incorrect time stamp and I'm thinking this is part of the problem.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Travi3s

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

BillRapidCity
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Travi3s,

If your time stamp is wrong in a way where the minutes are correct, but the hour is incorrect, then check your set-up to ensure your system is showing you in the correct time zone.  For instance, I live in the Mountain Time Zone.  If I were to set-up as if I were in the Pacific Time Zone, my time stamp would be an hour early, but the minutes would be correct.  Hope that helps!

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation