Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
MRVITO
Guide
Guide

Hello,

Not sure I'm posting in the correct Forum. I have two ARLO Pro 2 camera's up and running, and they are working fine. I've purchased two  two ARLO lights (with Bridge) and have them both synched with the Bridge and Base station. I've turned them on and off maunally from my phone APP, and no problems. My problem is that I can't find any information that tells me how to set them up so that when I mount them and they detect motion, they automatically trigger the camera(s). I know that the lights will do this, but I don't find any settings either on my desktop computer and signed into my ARLO account, or on my phone APP. I've also looked on the ARLO web-site for this info, with no luck. Unfortunately my two lights and Bridge came with NO instructions. I want to make sure that they work as anticipated, and not just assume. Any help or suggestions are welcome. Many Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MRVITO
Guide
Guide

Thank You Sir....I was able to locate the Manual for the Lights, and it is very helpful. I only wish this Forum community was a little easier to navigate, but I'm getting there. One day at a time as they say.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Edit the Mode for the lights bridge and edit the Rule for each light, you can Add Device and have the camera(s) record or the lights trigger each other as well as themselves (or not)

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@MRVITO wrote:

Unfortunately my two lights and Bridge came with NO instructions.

There is support, along with a manual, for Arlo Security Lights at the end of this link:

>>>Arlo - Security Cameras and Systems<<<

See Modes, rules, and smart alerts.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
MRVITO
Guide
Guide

Thank You Sir....I was able to locate the Manual for the Lights, and it is very helpful. I only wish this Forum community was a little easier to navigate, but I'm getting there. One day at a time as they say.

MRVITO
Guide
Guide

Thanks! I was able to locate the manual, and printed it off and put in a binder. Still going thru it, but I'm picking up some helpful information. Hope to mount the lights in the next several days, so looking forward to sneaking around my house at night to see what happens...LOL. As I stated to a previous reply offering help, the Forum is not all that easy to navigate, but I'm getting there!

kostelnikm
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m try to set up my Arlo Security Light, but the bridge can’t find my WiFi connection. It found two connections, but not the one I’m using for my Arlo pro2. I tried putting I in manually, but it says It can’t be found.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

The wifi network that the bridge connects to needs to be 2.4GHz if that makes a difference

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@kostelnikm wrote:
I’m try to set up my Arlo Security Light, but the bridge can’t find my WiFi connection. It found two connections, but not the one I’m using for my Arlo pro2. I tried putting I in manually, but it says It can’t be found.

Take us through the steps you use and explain what happens when you try.

By the way, joining in on an old conversation might not be the best way to get answers. It is usually better to start from scratch.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation