Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I setup and modify rules for Arlo Security Lights in the new mobile app?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mikey94025
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have 5 Arlo security lights along with various Arlo cameras.  I used to have rules that detected motion via the light and triggered other lights to go on, similarly motion in a camera would trigger lights to go on.  It was very nice to configure linked actions and take advantage of the security lights as extra motion detectors.  Each light had motion sensitivity settings, etc.

However, the latest Arlo mobile app has very limited support for the security lights and the my.arlo.com website has no support.  In my iPhone Arlo app I can see the lights and manually turn them on and off.  I can also control some limited light settings light brightness and ambient light sensitivity, but no more motion sensitivity.  I also had notifications set for each security light and that is no longer displayed as an option.

Worse, my old rules that link the lights to each (motion in one turns them all on) seem to still exist but I cannot view or modify these rules in the app anymore.  The app's Routines / Mode / Device Rules lists might old security light rules but clicking into it doesn't display anything - The only option is Delete Rules.  Nor can a camera rule add an action to turn on a security light (they aren't shown as an option, only the Arlo cameras or Arlo floodlight).

Is it true that Arlo security light rules are simply unsupported now?   Bummer.

2 REPLIES 2
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master
Mikey94025
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

How strange - When I posted this article last week my 5 Arlo Security Lights did not appear in my Routines / Arm Away / Device Rules list. Now they do and I can control other devices when they detect motion.  The automation I posted about, turning on my Security Light when my Camera starts recording is also now possible.  Maybe they added support for Arlo Security lights in the newest Arlo Secure app?

I'll play with these Device Rules and might lights to see if everything is functional again.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation