Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo security light how to turn on Armed mode?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jhalbout
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just installed my bridge and light that seem to be working fine in Manual mode. Motion detection ok. However I cannot find how to enter Mode in the app to turn on Armed mode. Using the app on Android. Help appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mode tab, click on your bridge, select the Armed mode.

Jhalbout
Aspirant
Aspirant
I appreciate your response but my app does not display any Mode tab that I can find.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try if possible a web access  ; https://arlo.netgear.com/

Capture.JPG

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jhalbout
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. I went to the browser/web access. I do find a Mode tab that lists my bridge but it does not connect. I get the Please Wait little birdie
Jhalbout
Aspirant
Aspirant
PS I just rebooted the bridge from the web app so it must be connected OK
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jhalbout,

If you're using the primary login for your Arlo account (not shared access using the Grant Access feature) you should see a mode tab as soon as you login in on the top part of the screen on the far left, once selected you will then be able to tap the bridge for your lights and adjust the mode.

JamesC

Jhalbout
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your reply. I did what you suggest but even though the app connects fine with the bridge and shows it connected in the Mode tab I just get a Please Wait message and nothing comes up. I notice that the firmware is up to date on the bridge but one level down on the light. Could that be at the root of the issue?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mismatched firmware can do weird things. Try reinserting the battery to restart the light and check again to see if there's a notification for an update.

Jhalbout
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, this seems to have done the trick. I removed the light altogether from the app and took out the battery from it. I then went through the whole procédure to add it and sync it. The firmware did not update on it by I now have a Mode tab in my app and can verify that the bridge is armed and adjust motion and on duration settings.
Thanks for your help
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation