Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Asiyahola
Aspirant
Aspirant
Bought an Arlo light 3 pack with bridge. On every one of the lights the plastic USB cover pops out exposing the connection to the elements. Right now the only way to stop it is to tape it down.
8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it's certainly possible that there's a defect, are you taking the time to ensure that you're lining up the cover protrusions on the cover with the openings in the light.

If a true defect, swap at the store or open a case with support here.

Asiyahola
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought this through Amazon. It's definitely a defect. All 3 lights have the issue with the same defect. How do I open a case?

Thanks,

Brian

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Asiyahola,

If lined up correctly, the rubber is molded to fit into the USB slot and should not come out on it's own. Be sure everything is lined up when sealing the usb connection with the cover. If you're still having an issue, can you provide a picture of the bottom of the light including the usb cover?

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The fact that all 3 do this makes it rather difficult to believe it's a manufacturing defect but it's possible. I can view the cover as it inserts into the USB port - have you tried that? BTW, is the strap that holds the cover onto the light intact?

Asiyahola
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are you kidding me? If it was only one then it would NOT be a manufacturing defect...the fact that it's 3 of them points directly to it being a manufacturing defect. I will record a video of it popping out on it's own, on all 3. I will post it here and Amazon so everyone can see and know to avoid buying this product.

This customer service is pretty bad!

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Asiyahola wrote:

...the fact that it's 3 of them points directly to it being a manufacturing defect.

If all the devices are the same that smells much more like a design defect.

This customer service is pretty bad!

What customer service are you talking about there? If you mean this place, it is not "customer service". It is user-to-user support self forum "manned" by fellow users and with some input from a handful of Arlo employees.

As it says on the front page:

"Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts."

For official support, press the button at the bottom of this screen.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Asiyahola
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pressing the button at the bottom takes you right back here. Do you have a phone number or website in order to contact?

Asiyahola
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nevermind, just found it.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation