Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
wldguy
Follower
Follower

Just received my Arlo lights and when trying to add the bridge to the app it will not continue past "turn on bluetooth" screen.  The app is up to date and the bluetooth is turned on.  Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7
jc39
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same trouble , it looks like the app for security light setup isn't compatible with the newer IOS maybe.  All my other devices work, Ultra cameras and Video Doorbell.  Looks like they have to fix it, Arlo lights going back to store until this is resolved. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey wldguy and jc39,

Try to toggle your Bluetooth off and on, reboot your phone device, and reinstall the Arlo app to see if that helps. Feel free to also read this article to learn how to troubleshoot when you can't set up the Arlo Bridge: I can't set up the Arlo Bridge that came with my Arlo Light Security system; what do I do?

kwhiffin
Star
Star

I have the same problem as other two posts.  App will not get past "turn on bluetooth" page when trying to install smart hub for the security light, or when adding an additional security light device.  Adding any other device is fine, as I have 6 pro 2 cameras running off the app, and they are fine.

Have you resolved this issue?  Smells like software to me.  

jc39
Guide
Guide

No I have not solved the problem.  I agree, it is a software issue.   I wonder when enough people complain maybe they will fix it.  I still have the lights, unfortunately I just had assumed they would work and now am way past the date to return them.  Really surprising as my cameras work just fine, very few issues.  

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

kwhiffin
Star
Star

I finally got past this issue.  I deleted the app, and its data, rebooted my phone (iphone 7), and then re-installed the app.  I was able to add the bridge thru the app, and then add the light.  Also, reset the bridge by holding the sync button for at least 15 seconds.  

Big time hassle, but it worked.  You won't lose any data by deleting the app since everything is saved on their cloud servers.  

Lowen
Tutor
Tutor

I, too, cannot get past the Bluetooth screen after resetting the light bridge.  I removed the bridge after it lost sync and would not resync to router.  When I tried to add it as a new device, it goes only as far as Bluetooth page with the continue button grayed out.  Bluetooth toggling on iPhone didn’t help.  Same with iPad.   Deleting/reinstalling app then rebuilding system and schedules seems a draconian measure.   

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation