Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
NickLacey
Follower
Follower

Sarted to set up Security light with bridge. When it asked for the QR code it forwarded to a page that showed where I could find the QR code on the back of the device. I can't get back to the page before it even if I log out of the app and log back it. As soon as I click to add Light, it opens page that shows where QR code it and nothing else. I can't get rid of that page.

17 REPLIES 17
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Is this using an app on a mobile device? If so, Android? iThing?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Oops - wrong post.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to remove & re-install the app and try again?

Nasho
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am also trying to set up my security light and it’s stuck on “the QR code can be found on the back of your bridge”

I have deleted app and reinstalled. It still gets stuck on that page. I tried other set ups of products and they all go to the next screen with prompts. The security light page just gets stuck so I can’t scan the code.
I then tried to use a computer and on the security light page it says it works only thru a device. This should be much easier
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Nasho

Have you tried to reset the bridge & test again? How do I perform a factory reset on my Arlo Bridge?

Nasho
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Shane. I never connected with the bridge. I can’t get that far. The problem I have is at set up. I am hitting the green + sign at top of my app and then trying to set up the security light but it’s getting stuck on that picture I posted
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Nasho

What phone/model/os are you using? What is the APP Version of the Arlo Mobile App?

Nasho
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is v 2.6.3 and I have an iPhone 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is the iphone running IOS 12.1? Can you try & clear the cache & test again

Bmath
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can not get past the instruction page to scan the qr code. It simply shows me the picture on how to scan the code but will not allow me to actually scan it. I have attempted to go back out of the bridge setup but nothing changes. Same instruction page comes up when I try to install the light. Any help is appreciated.
Bmath
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you ever get a solution to your problem. Having the same issue.
Bmath
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you ever get a solution to your problem with the instruction page and not being able to scan your qr code? I am Having the same issue.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Bmath

I have a few questions for you. What version of the Arlo Mobile App are you using? What Device/Model/OS are you using

Nasho
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wasnt able to resolve it...funny enough about your timing, i was planning on returning it all this weekend 

Nasho
Aspirant
Aspirant

hello.   I am using 2.7.1 and my OS 12.1.2

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Nasho

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Bmath
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was able to resolve the issue by deleting the app from my phone and reinstalling. I had to do this a few times but it eventually allowed me to scan the codes. I was using an iPhone 8. I also had to update the app. Good luck.
Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation