Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
sivadm
Follower
Follower

Hi my security light seems to be working fine, it detects movement and comes on no problem, however since yesterday it has stopped sending me notifications to my phone.  I have tried restarting the bridge and the base station, but still to no avail.

Any suggestions appreciated.

52 REPLIES 52
Mamba
Initiate
Initiate
I’m also experiencing the same problem. At a minimum, I’m hoping Arlo will provide an update to the issue ASAP.
Chris33
Tutor
Tutor
Oh good, it's not just me. My cameras work fine but the last time I received an alert from my light was (according to email messages) :

Driveway at 6:27:35 PM EDT on Jul 25 2019.

Not good for a security system just to randomly stop working one day!
teampengytx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here.

Have reset and readded lights only to stop sending alerts days later.

Arlouser19
Aspirant
Aspirant
Brand new. Not working. Should I return them to Amazon? Arlo whats the ETA on fixing this?
Djam311
Star
Star

Please update us on the progress of this fix. This system is useless without notifications. This used to be such a great system but you screwed it up and we are the ones paying the price. Hopefully, some day, you will get it back to when it was a trusted security system. It has been a while since that was the case.

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

I love how Arlo's response is always "some people may be experiencing this". No, it's all people, you botched another software/firmware rollout. Most people don't want to waste their time registering for a forum and posting a comment, they can read these threads and see Arlo hasn't fixed it.

I have original Arlos, Arlo Pros, and Security Lights. The original Arlo is the only one functioning at even close to an acceptable level. The others are literally just decoys at this point.

AVZ001
Initiate
Initiate

Also experiencing the same problem.  On my bridge the LED which is normally blue is off.  If I reset it, it starts out purple, but then goes out.  Is anyone else experiencing this.  I know it's working since I can control the lights from the app.  Not sure when this started happening.  

Sarath_Inampudi
Arlo Employee
Arlo Employee

I can understand your frustration and rightly so. Please be reassured that our team is racing to get the fix fully validated and released, likely within the next few days. Your continued peace of mind is our topmost priority. In the meantime, I would recommend not to waste effort on any re-installation attempts as the issue is on our backend and would not require any manual intervention once resolved.

Thank you

Sarath Inampudi, Arlo Product Manager

kasnh
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Sarath_Inampudi wrote:

I can understand your frustration and rightly so. Please be reassured that our team is racing to get the fix fully validated and released, likely within the next few days. Your continued peace of mind is our topmost priority. In the meantime, I would recommend not to waste effort on any re-installation attempts as the issue is on our backend and would not require any manual intervention once resolved.

Thank you

OR, maybe, just maybe, just like what most competent tech company does, is test your firmware first before deploying it to your customers! 

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

@Sarath_Inampudi wrote:

Thank you

SI,

For the sake of our sanity and our continued patronage, please reply back in this forum which of the several issues this "fix" is supposed to address by way fo reassuring us that Arlo fully understands the interlocking problems that are bedeviling us.

That is to include, but not be limited to: poor video quality including jerky motio and lagging motion capture, overall lag in in video response in regular and positioning mode, a sudden, severe decline in motion capture in Arlo Pro cameras, and the various other issues brought up here on companion devices.

While on subject, will this fix address a problem whereby once a device makes a motion capture recording, if the motion resumes the camera DOES NOT resume recording?

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Daryl2
Aspirant
Aspirant

And to find out that they are taking awful lot of time to fix it making it seems like they don’t know what they’re doing , I will be impressed If they can fix it in 24 hours or less and next time to not mess with something that is not broken please and this wouldn’t happens

davila29
Tutor
Tutor
Almost three weeks without push up notifications, keep us informed about it. It could be related to version 2.7.12, the next version 2.7.13 has the same problem
Sarath_Inampudi
Arlo Employee
Arlo Employee

Hi MikeBravo

The 'fix' mentioned in my post is regarding this specific thread topic (no push notifications for Arlo Security Light).

Sorry to hear about other issues you are having with your system. Have you tried contacting Customer Support? Our team can work with you for optimal setup.

Daryl2
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is no fix that that tech support and customer can do, its the software damages with the update that someone doesn’t know what they’re doing messed it up, not worth the time to call and mess with try this or try that and wasted a lot of time doing it so so don’t call unless to ask when the fix is going to be done ???? 

Refund
Initiate
Initiate
Arlo engineering and product team - would like my money back for the entire system which doesn’t work plus compensation for the hours spent being told by support this would be fixed. Security systems either work or they don’t, the app not pushing means the system doesn’t work. We don’t have time to wait for you to figure this out while our homes and families are put at risk. My system cost about $700 total plus $200 for my time. I expect reimbursement for an under warranty product ASAP. I guarantee a judge would grant this- stop holding everyone hostage and just take care of your customers who invested in you so that you can have jobs.
frekedk
Guide
Guide

Any update on the fix???

We are waiting and waiting and waiiiittttinnng

Bjørn 🙂

CSM12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a fix available yet?

JanisGeek
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo tech support,
Still no push notifications for my Arlo Security lights! Please give us a time frame for how soon we can expect a fix for this problem. The problem started around July 26th, which is 17 days ago! We need a fix for this ASAP!!! Please!!!
808golfer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Experiencing the same problem with the push notifications.   Also, the blue light on the bridge is off.  Not sure when that started happening.

CSM12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can someone from Arlo give an update?  This is not a warranty issue, this is a product that was sold that does not do one of its main functions.  How do we return these for a refund?

Sarath_Inampudi
Arlo Employee
Arlo Employee

Hello! I'm pleased to announce a fix was just deployed, following which your Arlo Security Light system's push notifications should be working again as intended (no reset is required). Please let us know here if the issue persists. Thank you again for patiently bearing with us, your feedback is most welcome.

Sarath

Chris33
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you for your help. Will this be updated via an app update or an automatic firmware update?
davila29
Tutor
Tutor
It is working, I got a couple of it during night. Hope keep This way . Greetings
djkoo
Tutor
Tutor

I started getting both email and push notifications starting this morning.  I will keep monitoring and see if it's stable.

Sarath_Inampudi
Arlo Employee
Arlo Employee

Hi Chris

This was a backend fix on our end, so no update is required for your App or device firmware.