Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
sivadm
Follower
Follower

Hi my security light seems to be working fine, it detects movement and comes on no problem, however since yesterday it has stopped sending me notifications to my phone.  I have tried restarting the bridge and the base station, but still to no avail.

Any suggestions appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sarath_Inampudi
Arlo Employee
Arlo Employee

Hello! I'm pleased to announce a fix was just deployed, following which your Arlo Security Light system's push notifications should be working again as intended (no reset is required). Please let us know here if the issue persists. Thank you again for patiently bearing with us, your feedback is most welcome.

Sarath

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52
djkoo
Tutor
Tutor
Starting yesterday, my Arlo Security Light stopped sending push notifications. Tried everything that were suggested (factory reset bridge, rereigster bridge and light, reinstall app, etc) and also worked with Arlo Support but nothing got resolved. Eventually told me to send the product back (pay for shipping myself) to replace.

When app is launched (using iOS), you can see that it’s detecting motion (yellow light turns on the motion icon) and the light turns on no problem. It is just not sending any notifications.

Anyone else having push notification issue? E-mail notification is also not working. I had it working perfectly for two months since I first installed the device.
Mdterps
Apprentice
Apprentice
This same problem just recently started for my security lights exactly as you have described. I can see the yellow light that it is detecting motion, however, I do not receive any push notifications. My notifications have been working fine for my cameras. As a work around I set up ifttt notifications for my lights and those are working.
Xcmobile
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an  Arlo pro 2 system with 2 cameras and with 3 lights.  I’ve had my system for 4 months and everything was working fine.  Two days go back on July 25 I installed an android security update that was showing on my phone . I have a Samsung  galaxy S8 and from that point on none of my 3 lights push notifications on my phone when movement is detected. The lights do turn on and I can see the icon on the app turn orange indicating movement was detected but no pop up notification on phone.  I checked all permissions and made sure notifications are on. Toggled push notifications on and off and still no notifications, I uninstalled the app and installed it again.  On the other hand My cameras  are sending push notifications on my phone with. I problem Only thing I have not done is uninstall and then instal the bridge and lights. But would hate do do all that if it might be a software issue. Any ideas an or a solution?

djkoo
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for sharing about IFTTT, I shall give that a try.

But Arlo needs to fix this problem. I am 99% sure that sending a new device won’t fix this problem. This is clearly a software problem. I expect Arlo engineers to follow up on this as customer support was of no help.
geckofeet
Guide
Guide

This problem just started for me, either today or yesterday.  I know the notifications were working on July 25 and at least part of the 26th.  I can see on the app that the lights detect motion, but I receive no notifications on my phone.  Like Xcmobile, I am receiving notifications from the cameras, so the problem appears to be limited to just the lights.  Everything was working properly just the other day and I haven't changed anything with my system since then.

BenMere
Guide
Guide

Yes same for me. No notifications both on my iPhone and ipad. 

kasnh
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here.

kirbyorlanes
Tutor
Tutor

It was already reported and they are currently working on a fix. 

Xcmobile
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the update
djkoo
Tutor
Tutor
IFTTT works great! Thanks mdterps!

This clearly tells me that it’s not the device problem since if it was, IFTTT also wouldn’t work. If third-party system can integrate and give push notifications, why can’t Arlo do it? I sincerely hope Arlo makes a fix soon.
Djam311
Star
Star

Same thing here. Security lights detect motion and cams record to library, but I do not receive push notifications on my ios devices. I tried email notifications and I do receive those. I have also tried all the troubleshooting steps to no avail. I noticed a new setting in the app where I can mute notifications & I have this setting turned to OFF but I think this setting may be the culprit. This is just another in a long list of problems I have had with this system over the last few months after working flawlessly for the year prior.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is currently investigating the issue where some users are not receiving push notifications from their Arlo Security Lights. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience and understanding.

Tiffanie_623
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem here, tried all troubleshooting. Nothing is working! Very disappointed!
mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well Shayne merged topics again so my responses seem out of order but I'm keeping this here for record keeping purposes.

So now my Arlo Pros, which are set for 30 second recordings, are lagging so badly that the recordings are averaging 27 seconds. With literally no changes on my end, also the Security Lights have stopped sending notifications whereas they had previously been working fine up until the past week or so.

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same exact issue here. Get it together Arlo GOOD GRIEF.

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

@sivadm wrote:

Hi my security light seems to be working fine, it detects movement and comes on no problem, however since yesterday it has stopped sending me notifications to my phone.  I have tried restarting the bridge and the base station, but still to no avail.

Any suggestions appreciated.

We're having a similar problem.

I suddenly noticed that in a thumbnail for one of our Pro recordings you can see a vehicle, but when you play the video it disappears in a blink like some sort of magic trick and the rest of the video shows nothing.  

We've had so many now like it that I sent one along to JamesC.

Clearly the latest firmware has had a number of unintended consequences and caused things to go from bad to worse yet again.

Ahsir
Initiate
Initiate

So its been 5 days since the push notifications have not worked. What's the time frame for it to be fixed???

Vb2337
Aspirant
Aspirant

The notifications on Arlo are no longer working. 4 days and 4 agents made me do every possible thing but in vain. Now live chat is no longer working and the problem is not fixed. Updated IOS, re synced lights and bridge, made custom modes and even offloaded the app and re installed it. No fix

Tiffanie_623
Initiate
Initiate
Any update yet?? Push notifications Still not working for the light. Very frustrating when you purchase something expensive and expecting it to work.
Sarath_Inampudi
Arlo Employee
Arlo Employee

We’ve identified the issue, a fix is being tested and we’ll be releasing this fix soon. Sincere apologies and thank you for patiently bearing with us while we strive to get things back on track at the earliest.

Thanks,

Sarath Inampudi, Arlo PLM Team

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Vb2337 wrote:

The notifications on Arlo are no longer working. 4 days and 4 agents made me do every possible thing but in vain. Now live chat is no longer working and the problem is not fixed. Updated IOS, re synced lights and bridge, made custom modes and even offloaded the app and re installed it. No fix

It's really frustrating that this is still Arlo's scripted response to everything. Make the paying customers waste hours jumping through hoops that I have literally never heard actually work. We deserve better than this for how much we paid.

DankPhu
Initiate
Initiate

Soon?  It's been a week since the push notifications have stopped working. 

JanisGeek
Aspirant
Aspirant
Push notifications are not working on any of my 3 Arlo Security lights recently. I don’t understand why!
JanisGeek
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem with the security lights not sending push notifications on my iPhone XS Max about a week now! There was a recent IOS update to my iPhone almost week ago. Don’t know if Arlo needs to update their app or firmware. I have tried everything. I even deleted all devices and reinstalled them. I started over like setting it up new. I checked my settings and push notifications are selected for all 3 devices (lights). I charged the battery for all 3 lights too. I don’t know what else to do! Anyone else having the same issue? Any suggestions? Thanks!