Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Tonixz
Aspirant
Aspirant

There seems to be an issue with an Arlo light working with Arlo Chime.  I have a rule setup for my light to trigger my chime howerver my chime will not trigger. I have my other rules triggering and working, such as push notifications, turning on the light, and getting an email.  Is there a known issue with the light working with the chime?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This is now fixed where you should be able to trigger the Arlo Chime using the Arlo Security Lights. We appreciate everyone's patience regarding this.

If you are still encountering any problems, contact the support team: Arlo Support

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Tonixz
Aspirant
Aspirant

It also seems that my email notifications and my push notifications do not trigger if I have the light (itself) set to turn on as well.  If I do not turn on the light, I will start getting emails and push notifications.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Tonixz,

The Arlo development team is currently investigating the issue where some users are experiencing the Arlo Chime and Light are not triggering. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

In the meantime, we recommend enabling only the Push Notifications in your rule as the issue may occur when email notifications are enabled.

Tonixz
Aspirant
Aspirant

If I have either light turning on and also have push notifications turned on and no emailed being sent out, the light will turn on, but no push notification will be delievered.

Tonixz
Aspirant
Aspirant

It looks like there was an update that now will allow me to get push notifications + activating the light when motion is triggered.  It does not look like the chime will trigger when set up with an arlo light.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe I don't get what you're saying but I see the ability to set off the chime when the light detects motion by editing the mode and using the Add Device selection.

Tonixz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, the option is indeed there, however, when motion is triggered off of the arlo lights, and the chime is set up to play a melody, at the max volume, the chime has never worked .

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tonixz,

The development team is currently investigating this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This is now fixed where you should be able to trigger the Arlo Chime using the Arlo Security Lights. We appreciate everyone's patience regarding this.

If you are still encountering any problems, contact the support team: Arlo Support

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation