Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 21 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
tjptony
Apprentice
Apprentice

I went to replace a security light, the original version that uses the hub. The app is broken.  No idea which release did this.  I have 4 iPads and two phones, only my old iPad mini with a 2021 version app and one of my iPad Prod with a 2023 app will let me add a light.  The new release when you tap security light it does not go to the next screen. I have restarted the devices that do not work and reinstalled.  The app is broken.  On one of the iPad that worked, I removed the app as instructed by Arlo support and reinstalled the new release and broke that iPad.  Arlo asked for a screen capture of the screen!  How ridiculous, there are no errors. If the engineering team has the latest app just open it and try it.  I have also verified this with family members with Arlo.  Same issue.  You do not even need hardware to replicate this.  Just get the app and try it.  

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hi @Ron84 

Migrating to the latest Arlo app experience should help with onboarding your Security light. 

Please let me know if you are still experiencing these symptoms after migrating to the latest app experience. 

32 REPLIES 32
Ron84
Aspirant
Aspirant

The newest version, I’m having the exact same issue. App is glitched, replaced the battery in one of my Pro lights, went to reconnect it to the hub, you get into an endless loop, tap add a device, then choose light, then app goes back to the add a new device, then back again over and over. The app is broken and ARLO SUCKS this is not normal, this has been done on purpose by ARLO ! Why isn’t this fixed by now ? Enough people have brought it to ARLO’S attention. It’s a broken app ! 

tjptony
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’ve been trying to solve this for three weeks with endless screen captures and other info provided. The Classic App (GUI)has a bug with the AL1101 security light.  They confirmed this after I spoke with them on Sunday.  Yes they called me on Sunday. 

You can change the app to the new Arlo Experience (GUI) it’s still version 4.17.  Be warned it fixes the ability to add the light but you can’t role back.  It’s a backend change. 
Library changes to feeds, it has a Dashboard you can configure, it takes more taps to enable and disable devices. 
Problems I now have. The record buttons randomly disappear and reappear (on all 2k and 4k devices, older cameras are fine) My 4k camera records in less than 2k.

So fix one issue, breaks something else. 
If you attempt to install one of their new cameras it will prompt you to upgrade the app. This will impact all devices that you have the app on. I have verified this on 4 iPads and 3 iPhones. So all these issues are app related, not camera or device issues. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Ron84 

Migrating to the latest Arlo app experience should help with onboarding your Security light. 

Please let me know if you are still experiencing these symptoms after migrating to the latest app experience. 

tjptony
Apprentice
Apprentice

It does but it introduces other problems. 
Recording buttons randomly disappear from 4k and 2k cameras. But not older Arlo Q and other older devices. 
And 4k. Cameras no longer record in 4k. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @Ron84 

I see that you have two Security lights onboarded. Are you still experiencing this symptom? 

MC2024
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I too am experiencing adding security light issues on the app (4.17) but utilising an Apple. 

I have called support multiple times but no advice given on the issue, I am is the older app format with the same issues being experienced of the adding Security Light function not allowing you to select on the App. 

Thanks 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you test again with the latest version of the Arlo mobile app v4.19?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are we still experiencing this symptom? 

Thanks 

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 21 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation