Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
steve1102
Star
Star

Is there a way to replace the battery in an Arlo Light without having it disconnect from the Bridge and then having to set it all back up again from scratch? Is there a trick to it or something I’m missing here. I’m getting tired of having to pair my lights again each time I need to replace the battery. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Steve1102,

You don't need to disconnect/remove the Arlo Security Lights from the Arlo Bridge to replace the battery. It'll come back online when you replace your battery again.

You can plug in your Arlo Security Lights through the AC adapter or remove the battery and charge the battery using the Arlo Charging Station while the Arlo Security Lights remain offline.

steve1102
Star
Star

Hi Jessica, thanks for your reply!  The issue I'm running into is that whenever I need to replace the Arlo light battery, the light doesn't connect back to the Arlo Bridge automatically.  I have to set them up again from scratch (scan the barcode, name the light, wait for it to be recognized by the Arlo Bridge, etc.).  This doesn't happen with the cameras. The cameras reconnect back with the base station really quickly.  

Am I doing something wrong perhaps when I'm replacing the battery in the lights?  One thing I'm going to tr t next time around is disarming the Arlo Bridge first, change the battery and see what happens.

I doubt it will work, but am going to give it a shot anyway.  If you have any other suggestions, it would be greatly appreciate it as it's getting tedious to have to set up the lights to pair with the Bridge each time.  Thanks!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

You shouldn't need to disarm the Arlo Bridge in order to charge your battery. If this is happening to your Arlo Security Lights and not your other cameras, I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Just to confirm, I have never lost the connection to the bridge when changing batteries in lights.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation