Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bhunter0830
Aspirant
Aspirant

I currently have an Arlo Pro 4 Camera system. I have room for a 5th camera, so I picked up a Arlo Security Light. When I go to the App on my iPhone, then devices, add device, select security light, then security light again. I receive an error message. "No Arlo Bridge Found" "You don't have a bridge under account to proceed with light setup". 

I have tried rebooting the bridge. I have tried Syncing the Security Light to the Bridge. They both sit blinking (Security Light Blue LED and Bridge Green) but the never sync or show up in the app. I have also removed the Bridge from a powerstrip and plugged it back into a outlet on the wall. 

I have also checked to make sure that my iPhone and Bridge are on the same network. I removed my iPhone from the 5G and put it back on the the 2.4ghz and still no bridge found. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bhunter0830
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, apprently i did not know that I needed to purchase a bridge along with the light. I purchased the add on light. Even though I have a bridge for the camera's already. I am disappointed that this light does not have a camera. I would purchase several of them if they had the camera inside of them. Would be much more useful if it was a motion activated light with a camera built into it. Man Sad

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Streak2
Master Master
Master
bhunter0830
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, apprently i did not know that I needed to purchase a bridge along with the light. I purchased the add on light. Even though I have a bridge for the camera's already. I am disappointed that this light does not have a camera. I would purchase several of them if they had the camera inside of them. Would be much more useful if it was a motion activated light with a camera built into it. Man Sad

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you read the support articles you'll see that the lights and bridge use BLE (Bluetooth low energy) to communicate. That's totally different from the cameras which use WiFi between the base and cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation