Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
PCG2004
Follower
Follower

Hi there! 

Wondering if there’s an option on Arlo website where we don’t get logged/timed out after a certain time without any activity.  We are using it for our office, and I have the device on live feed but after a certain time it times out and I have to refresh or log back in.  Will the subscription take care of this issue? If so, could you pls let me know. Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PCG2004 wrote:

Wondering if there’s an option on Arlo website where we don’t get logged/timed out after a certain time without any activity.  We are using it for our office, and I have the device on live feed but after a certain time it times out and I have to refresh or log back in.  Will the subscription take care of this issue? I

Unfortunately there is no way to prevent this (and a subscription will not help).

markeby
Tutor
Tutor

It is disingenuous of Arlo to sell a security system that I cannot monitor.  I bought these cameras during a sale but could not install due to the intense heat this summer.  Now, I have a couple up and cannot monitor them.  This feature is needed to make this a security product.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you provide more information on why you are unable to monitor the cameras that you have connected? Are you unable to view them in the app? Is the live view not working?

markeby
Tutor
Tutor

I can view the cameras without any problem.  I have pets in my yard for several hours on some days. The Cameras have enough power.  The web interface times out and it is inconvenient to move the muse frequently to keep it active.  This makes it difficult to keep an eye on them with the cameras.  This is a simple option that users, who spend a lot money for cameras, should have available.

Mark Ebersole
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The login timeout after no activity in the session is a security measure for if you forget to close out when you have to leave and the camera live view timeout is to save batteries.  You can stay logged in as long as you do anything in the session within the timeout period.

markeby
Tutor
Tutor

If I run the battery down on my camera, it is my own fault. I should have an option to disable that feature. Do not have an option to disable is a failure of your design to provide a product that I can use. please add an option to disable that time out so that I can use the camera that I purchased the way I need to.  Most every product has an “ Advanced” option somewhere in settings, to modify things of this nature. To not have that option is to not provide a totally usable product.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I will pass this feature suggestion onto our developing team. But at this time it is not a feature that is available.