Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

"People" who in family who have different emails continue to show they are not enrolled in Secure

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ICU139
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have six of the Pro 5 cameras, connected to the base station, set up and they work fine.   There are four "People" - each with their own email address - who consult these views as needed, but on their apps it still shows that their "Secure Trial Active" "Expiring Soon" even though I enrolled in a year of Arlo Secure.   Is there a way to get their email signons/apps to indicate they are using a system that is enrolled?  (At this point only my computer with its email, where I purchased the subscription, shows it is active.)     Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like they are using their own accounts, and that you've shared your cameras with them.  Is that correct?

They shouldn't be seeing that a trial is active in their account, since they have no cameras installed in them.

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC , @BrookeN , @ShayneS ) so they can follow up.

ICU139
Aspirant
Aspirant

I invited them using the People + mechanism, allowing access to all cams and Arlo sent the invite to their email.  Note,  I sign on with one address from my desktop, and another with my iPhone (each device relies on a different email for various reasons).   Another reason is that you cannot be signed on to two devices using the same email.   The situation is that I have the cameras/base station, and five people that need to be enrolled and able to view the cams.   The one address to which I signed up for Secure is this desktop.  I can redo things but want to be sure I do it correctly.   Thanks

ICU139
Aspirant
Aspirant

A second possibility.  Is there a way to have all four different email addresses, which includes the one on this desktop that made the purchase, be added to the Secure account so that when they sign on with their email/password they show they have Secure?   Thanks again for your help. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ICU139 wrote:

The one address to which I signed up for Secure is this desktop.  

Is this also the primary account for the cameras?

The cameras can only be in one account (sharing them doesn't count), and the subscription has to be in that same account.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ICU139 wrote:

be added to the Secure account so that when they sign on with their email/password they show they have Secure? 

These friend account DON'T have Arlo Secure.

But they shouldn't need it, because these accounts don't have any cameras in them.  

ICU139
Aspirant
Aspirant

Solution, worked out with Arlo, was to cancel the Secure annual subscription that I paid for NOT using the main account email address.    I was under the mistaken assumption that, once enrolled as "people: with admin privileges, were equivent with the subscription.   Obviously I was mistake.    I am now going to resubscribe to Secure using the primary email address.  At that point all the enrolled "people" will be subscribed,    Thanks for your help.