Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
tuscano
Tutor
Tutor

I've subscribed to a multiple device plan. I tried canceling the trial period. Got a warning saying the device won't be able to record videos and snapshots, just motion detection. Not sure what to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

I believe that if you have a paid subscription cameras are automatically added after the trial runs out. Since the plans are for unlimited cameras, there's no need to use any settings to add or remove them to/from the sub.

I don't know about "Feed", but with "Library" the camera ends up in the "no plan" list.  You then need to go into "manage cameras" to move it into the subscription plan.

Though I like your approach better.  

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@tuscano wrote:

I've subscribed to a multiple device plan. I tried canceling the trial period. Got a warning saying the device won't be able to record videos and snapshots, just motion detection. Not sure what to do?

Did you go through with the cancelation?

Also, are you seeing "Feed" on your app menu?  Or are you seeing "Library"?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it's true that canceling the trial will cause loss of recordings, etc., as long as you ensure that the camera(s) are moved into the paid subscription means you lose nothing. As @StephenB asks, which interface are you using since how you verify this makes a difference as to how to check.

tuscano
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the input. No I didn't cancel the trial period. Don't want anymore potential issues. I'll wait for it to expire. My expectations is my subscription plan will automatically keep all my device

capabilities

I'm using the arlo secure app on my mobile.  I se feed, devices, etc. No "library"

tuscano
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for replying btw, the arlo support is not very helpful. I'm using the Arlo Secure app on my mobile to control my devices. Concerning adding devices to a paid multi device plan, I haven't seen yet an option or instructions on the app how to do this. For my first device that I subscribed to the plan, I expect it to be automatically added to the plan once the trial period expires. I will have to add my 2nd and possibly my 3rd one to the plan.

Appreciate any help on the adding procedure,.

Thanks again

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I believe that if you have a paid subscription cameras are automatically added after the trial runs out. Since the plans are for unlimited cameras, there's no need to use any settings to add or remove them to/from the sub.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

I don't know about "Feed", but with "Library" the camera ends up in the "no plan" list.  You then need to go into "manage cameras" to move it into the subscription plan.

Though I like your approach better.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yer correct. I was assuming the new interface. The old one certainly requires that you use Settings, Subscription, Manage Cameras to move cameras that have expired trial subs into the paid sub.

tuscano
Tutor
Tutor

Your reply appears to be an opinion and not from experience. I assumed you also have an arlo system??

tuscano
Tutor
Tutor

With the arlo secure app I'm using, it does have setting >subscription >manage cameras. In the manage , thebonly option is "delete trial period:

Ok , no definite answer yet on this issue. Wouldn't be nice if arlo support can just jump in and resolve it??

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your subscription is tied to your location within your Arlo account. So as long as your cameras are also under that same location, they will automatically roll into the existing subscription plan once their trials expire.

JamesC

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@tuscano wrote:

With the arlo secure app I'm using, it does have setting >subscription >manage cameras. In the manage , thebonly option is "delete trial period:

As I said earlier, you either wait for the trial to expire, or cancel the trial subscription.  Then you can add the camera to a multicamera subscription plan.

FYI, both @jguerdat and I have arlo systems.  The confusion here was whether the new "feed" experience works the same way as the older "library" ui. 

Feed started rolling out a couple weeks ago - most users don't have it yet, and you can only see what happens with the trial subscription if you first onboard a new camera to an account using "feed",  and then wait for its trial to expire.  Neither of us have done that yet - and on top of that we have no way to tell whether a user has "feed" or "library" unless that user tells us.

tuscano
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks guys,

I went for it and canceled the trial period, and

Lo and behold and ti.my relief,  my camera still able to video. It does get automatically added to my subscription.

tuscano
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks JamesC, I did cancel the trial period on one of my devices and it still performed normally, so addition to the subscription plan is automatic.