Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ordred a new 2K camera and confused about plans

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Peart2112
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have just ordered a new 2K camera and a friend mentioned that I might not be able to use it on my free plan.  I currently have the base unti VMB4000 and two cameras, I think the original kit was part # VMS4230P.

I think the new camera is compatible withthe VMB4000 but am not clear on if/how this will work with cloud storage, I assume it will still write to the local stoarage I have connected.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Peart2112 wrote:

I have just ordered a new 2K camera and a friend mentioned that I might not be able to use it on my free plan.s.

You can use it, but you won't get Cloud Storage (or activity zones on battery power) after the 90 day trial ends.

Note that today all the videos you are seeing from the app or browser are stored in the cloud.  The only way to see local storage on your base is to eject it, plug it into a PC, and review the recordings there.  

This link gives more info on what features you'll have after the trial ends:  https://kb.arlo.com/000062312/What-options-will-I-have-when-the-Arlo-trial-ends

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Peart2112 wrote:

I have just ordered a new 2K camera and a friend mentioned that I might not be able to use it on my free plan.s.

You can use it, but you won't get Cloud Storage (or activity zones on battery power) after the 90 day trial ends.

Note that today all the videos you are seeing from the app or browser are stored in the cloud.  The only way to see local storage on your base is to eject it, plug it into a PC, and review the recordings there.  

This link gives more info on what features you'll have after the trial ends:  https://kb.arlo.com/000062312/What-options-will-I-have-when-the-Arlo-trial-ends

Peart2112
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the info.  Is there a max number of cameras I can connect to my hub, either with or without cloud service. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Peart2112 wrote:

Thanks for the info.  Is there a max number of cameras I can connect to my hub, either with or without cloud service. 

I don't think there is a strict limit.  The base should be able to stream 5 simultaneous streams - so if more cameras than that simultaneously trigger, you will lose recordings.