billing

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
seithym
Follower
Follower

I ended my subscription with arlo a month ago and i continue getting charged. I removed everything and even emailed the company letting them know i ended my subscription and it continues to show on my bank statement a charge. 

13 REPLIES 13
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

seithym,

I've escalated this issue and requested a status update on open support ticket. An agent will be reaching out to you with more information as soon as possible.

JamesC

jonyfrisco1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. I cancelled my subscription at least a year ago. It was linked to my business debit card and I just noticed that they are charging me again. I have called my bank and they said to contact Arlo, but I can't find anywhere to actually contact someone to get this resolved.

Sincerely Frustrated

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jonyfrisco1,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

Kellyms
Initiate
Initiate

I also cancelled my service months ago and keep seeing a 9.99 charge from Arlo.  Without a subscription to any plan there is no live support help offered.  I log into my account and there is clearly no active devices listed in my account.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kellyms wrote:

I log into my account and there is clearly no active devices listed in my account.  

Did you also check the subscription status in the profile (to confirm that the subscription is canceled).  You could also try removing your credit card there (assuming you see it listed).

jonyfrisco1
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I log in to my "account" I have no active devices and it says no subscription so no live support. Since I have no active account I can't see anywhere to remove my debit card.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jonyfrisco1 wrote:

When I log in to my "account" I have no active devices and it says no subscription so no live support. Since I have no active account I can't see anywhere to remove my debit card.

Thx for checking.  

There is no such thing as an inactive account.  As an aside, it is quite possible to have an active subscription with no cameras in the plan.  Of course it's bad to do that, since you are paying for a service you aren't actually getting.  Another thing - you can only see the subscription status from the primary account (not from a "friend" account).

Hopefully @JamesC or another mod will follow up on your incorrect charges.  You could also dispute them with your credit card company.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kellyms,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

jonyfrisco1
Aspirant
Aspirant

ThCapture.JPG

This is a screen capture of what I get when I log in to my "account"

jonyfrisco1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have not heard anything from you. . . . . . .

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jonyfrisco1,

I requested a status updated on this issue. An agent will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

JamesC

HChong
Aspirant
Aspirant

On December 27, 2021 I applied for a promotional  Arlo Secure Plan online that was being advertised for 4.99 per month then going to regular price after 3 months. I was informed by the virtual assistant that someone would be calling me to to start the plan. (I have a copy of the chat) Someone did call (which luckily I got the caller ID on my phone) and took all the information that he needed including my account information. He told me that an email would be sent to me once the plan was up and running. Well I did not receive the email and till this day I do not have the plan but have been charged a monthly fee of $10.93 since January 3, 2022 it is not even the $4.99 as advertised. Since I do not have a plan I cannot speak to someone or contact a live person. I have challenged this monthly charge every month so far and have had it removed by the credit card company. I even called the number from the person who contacted me to set up the plan. They answered although they were quite surprised that I had called the number but after talking to me, he told me that a billing person would be calling me within a day or two to cancel it. That never happened. When I called he put me on hold so he could look up if they had information about the transaction and he said they did. I just want to cancel this in its entirety and to not have this monthly charge continue. I hope there is someone at Arlo who reviews all these emails and responds. The equipment works well but the support mechanism for Arlo is totally inappropriate and I would not recommend purchasing any of their equipment. It appears that there are many complaints. It appears James C responded to a complaint I am hoping he will respond to mine so I can resolve this once and for all.

HChong 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HChong,

I've opened and escalated a ticket concerning the issue as you've described. An agent will reach out to you via email to gather more information.

JamesC