Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wireless Doorbell camera is not compatible with this system

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GVega35
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, just received the Security System and when I go to upgrade the system is stating that my Wireless Doorbell camera is not compatible with this system if I upgrade. Is this correct? If so how can that be on a brand new system? Thank you 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I got various "not compatible" messages when switching to the new interface. I think there's some confusion in the programming here.

Both of my wireless doorbells transferred fine BUT I couldn't make them record activity. Doorbell presses worked fine but no video. For some reason I had to remove them from my hub and connect them directly to WiFi which now gives me the missing video.

The last fly in the ointment was my Chime 2 was noted as not compatible. Since I also had a Chime 1 in use, I just deleted the Chime 2 and had both doorbells ring the Chime 1. As a test yesterday, I added the Chime 2 back into the system - and it works fine. As above, there seems to be some logic issues in the new interface when migrating from old to new.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

To clarify, Arlo Go V1, Arlo Security Lights and Bridge are the only devices not compatible with the new 4.0 UI experience. Support for those will however be coming in the future.

Chimes and Doorbells should be working now with the new UI experience.

JamesC

GVega35
Aspirant
Aspirant

It was stating before I upgraded that the doorbell camera might not work as it is not compatible. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Basically, ignore that. It should be fine.

GVega35
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just didn’t want to upgrade and then the doorbell camera not function properly anymore.