WiFi Password

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Jprncess73
Aspirant
Aspirant

I keep reading this topic but I cannot find an answer. My husband has added me on the Arlo. But his son set it up and no one remembers the password portion of it. This is the only thing we can think of that is stopping from being able to access the videos. I get alerts and can see a gif like image of an animal on porch but when I go into Arlo there is nothing on the dashboard. No devices or library or anything 

Jprncess73_0-1699227761388.jpeg

#wifi #arlopro #troubleshooting

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jprncess73 wrote:

But his son set it up and no one remembers the password portion of it.

Note that you cannot join the Arlo WiFi Network.  It is deliberately closed, and is only used to connect the cameras to the hub.

As @DannyBearAgain says, you need to make sure both account say "Feed" and "Dashboard", and not "Library".

You go into "add device" on the "Library" account, and then start to add a Pro 5s camera (even though you don't have one).  That workflow will migrate the account to "Feed".  Once migrated, there is no way to go back.  

There are still some issues/limitations with "Feed" - one big one is that it doesn't support custom modes.  If you don't really need the video access, then you might want to delay migration for a while longer.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

You need to compare the arlo app dashboards are the same for the owner and granted users. Sharing will not work if they look different, look for menu items such as library and feed.

Jprncess73
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, we did that also and mine has more than his along the bottom but they are both Arlo Secure app and the same version. How can those be figured out. And thank you!! 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Arlo has been playing with a different look to the app which is preventing sharing from working.

The way the app looks to the user is called the user interface and is embedded within the same app as the original user interface.

The arlo server decides which UI the app will display to you.

Arlo does not allow the user to switch back to the original UI once changed, any newly created accounts are forced to use the newer UI.

A lot of users post about the limitations of the newer UI which tends to be a mile long.

To get it working the owner and the granted users have to upgrade the UI to look the same.

Upgrading can be done by fake installing a pro5 camera.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jprncess73 wrote:

But his son set it up and no one remembers the password portion of it.

Note that you cannot join the Arlo WiFi Network.  It is deliberately closed, and is only used to connect the cameras to the hub.

As @DannyBearAgain says, you need to make sure both account say "Feed" and "Dashboard", and not "Library".

You go into "add device" on the "Library" account, and then start to add a Pro 5s camera (even though you don't have one).  That workflow will migrate the account to "Feed".  Once migrated, there is no way to go back.  

There are still some issues/limitations with "Feed" - one big one is that it doesn't support custom modes.  If you don't really need the video access, then you might want to delay migration for a while longer.

Jprncess73
Aspirant
Aspirant

That worked! Amazing and thank you all so very much!!!