Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Trotts_19
Tutor
Tutor

Serious question. We are told things like delete and reload the app, turn cellular and WiFi off and then on, etc, etc.

why can’t you just get the app and system to work AS ADVERTISED????

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A number of issues are local and not an issue with the app itself. Local issues need to be checked and cleared. We have to start someplace since we're not there and don't have all the information so we start with the basic troubleshooting methods and go from there.

Trotts_19
Tutor
Tutor

Hogwash!

when the same issues are reported from all over again and again, it’s not a local issue.

its arlo

Ron-R
Apprentice
Apprentice

I hate to 'pile on' but I must agree; every app issue I encounter is met with a response from Support to "delete and reload the app" which has never actually solve any issues.  I now just create a new case id, requesting the Internal team to develop a fix.  In my case this has worked; they actually investigated and realized that there was an issue and a few months later a fix was included in an app update.

For example, I opened case #43643462 yesterday for Internal team to put in a fix to the new "mode change" push notifications which are very annoying.  Arlo added that to the app around the May/June timeframe, which is annoying many users on this community site.  I am confident the Internal team will create a fix, hopefully soon.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ron-R wrote:

I hate to 'pile on' but I must agree; every app issue I encounter is met with a response from Support to "delete and reload the app" which has never actually solve any issues. 

FWIW, I think both sides of this debate are true.

While one would hope that the overall system would improve over time, that obviously is still a work-in-progress.  Personally I wish Arlo would invest more in reducing friction and fixing long-standing bugs, and clearly they need to do more thorough job of testing firmware and app updates.

All support can do immediately is to have the users jump through the troubleshooting hoops, many of which have a lot of friction.  That's the only quick option available to them (or to people in the forum).

Trotts_19
Tutor
Tutor

From the lack of response from Arlo, I don’t expect anything to change.  A camera still won’t upload a screenshot in a reasonable amount of time, regardless of how many times I reset it, and the WiFi access point is on the other side of a simple wall. Always been that way.

Go ahead, prove me wrong