Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Murphy-5156
Aspirant
Aspirant

After a year or two of frustration getting automations working using geofencing, I somehow got the stars to align a couple of weeks ago and the automations/geofencing started working like a charm.  Whenever both my wive and I left the house, the system would "arm" itself, and when either of us would arrive home the system would automatically switch to "standby" mode.  Perfect!!  I was so happy that it was finally working as intended.

That is, until a few days ago when it suddenly stopped working.  Now neither my wife's iPhone not mine will trigger the geofencing and automations.  The only way to change the mode now is through the app.  I've read posts in the past about the Arlo system forcing users to log in every 2 weeks or something to "reset" things....what's the story there?  Is that true?

I've tried turning the automations off and on.  I've tried redefining the geofence area.  Nothing seems to work.  It's strange to me that it was working perfectly for a few weeks, and with zero changes to any of the settings the geofencing/automations have stopped working.

It was certainly fun while it lasted.

Anyone have any ideas on what else to try in order to get things working again?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

It’s a annoying feature from arlo that you need to manually logout the background app and log back into the app every two weeks to keep your security system functional.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Yes it is true, you also loose push notifications of events. This has been a feature from arlo since the two-step factor dance was introduced.

Murphy-5156
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, after asking my wife to login to the Arlo app on her iPhone last night (I did the same on my iPhone earlier in the day), things seems to be back to normal now...geofencing and automations now again work as they should.

Apparently we'll just have to do this same dance every couple of weeks...

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

It’s a annoying feature from arlo that you need to manually logout the background app and log back into the app every two weeks to keep your security system functional.