Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Web portal my.arlo.com live streaming broken due to missing certificate?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
hetman
Follower
Follower

When I attempt to live stream videos from my cameras I get: "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again."

Digging a little deeper, this is an example of one of the domains the web app is attempting to open the stream on: https://arlostreaming258-z3-prod.wowza.arlo.com:80/

Presumably since this is port 80 it's returning a HTTP response. The browser complains this is an invalid response for a HTTPS URL, which is not surprising. No stream is open and the interface complains about an unexpected error. The same thing happens in Chrome, Edge and Firefox (with the browser either complaining about an invalid response, missing certificate or "record too long").

I have two questions here. One, why is the web app attempting to use a HTTP port? This seems insecure for a security oriented service. Secondly, what is needed to fix this issue?

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to the Profile icon > Support Center > Select device > contact