Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
swiftd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo VMB5000 does not reliably forward videos to cloud for analysis. Yesterday captured 7 recordings but only one shows under cloud in library. So for 6 of the 7 recordings there were no alerts  and only the user with access to videos on Arlo base would ever know. This occurs regularly.

Any suggestions to correct?

My internet connection is solid 7x24.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just answered this in another post you added to a separate thread.

That implies you have activity zones enabled. The base/hub will record EVERY recording that passes through but the cloud servers act on your zones and if the subject is determined to be outside any zones the video is discarded. Remove the zones for testing to prove that the local recordings match the cloud.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just answered this in another post you added to a separate thread.

That implies you have activity zones enabled. The base/hub will record EVERY recording that passes through but the cloud servers act on your zones and if the subject is determined to be outside any zones the video is discarded. Remove the zones for testing to prove that the local recordings match the cloud.

swiftd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed all activity zones and will test this further. Thanks

swiftd
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is correct that removing activity zones allows all videos to be forwarded to cloud. Thanks for the advice.

I understand the value in storing all captures on the smarthub but would be better if I could optionally filter the view of videos stored on smarthub to only show captures “in the activity zones”.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@swiftd wrote:

I understand the value in storing all captures on the smarthub but would be better if I could optionally filter the view of videos stored on smarthub to only show captures “in the activity zones”.

I agree it would be nice to have that filtering option.

Though the cloud would need to tell the base station somehow whether the recording was in-zone or not, so a bit tricky to implement.

swiftd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Maybe I don’t understand the flow, but it seems the video could be tagged with an attribute when the decision is made to forward to the cloud. Then that attribute could be used for the filter.  Thanks for pondering.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@swiftd wrote:

Maybe I don’t understand the flow, but it seems the video could be tagged with an attribute when the decision is made to forward to the cloud. Then that attribute could be used for the filter.  

The video is always forwarded the the cloud, and the cloud decides whether it is in the zone or not.