Unable to view videos from days ago on app

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I've resisted the urge to purge videos from days ago and have let them build up in the library or feed or whatever you call it. 
  Earlier, on the phone app, I clicked on "feed", then I clicked on the calendar icon at the top of that screen, and chose the 10th... 3 days ago. The selection with all videos from the 10th displays, so I picked a random vid from the 10th and clicked on it. The video I chose shows right up on the screen as if it was going to play, but that immediately disappears and the latest video from today displays and starts playing! I've tried it multiple times, it always does the same thing.
  What is going on here?
  If I just chose a camera from "devices", and when the feed for just that camera pops up... I click on the "calendar" icon for that camera~ click on the 10th~ all the vids from that day for that camera are displayed. I click on one of them... and it will play.
  To summarize...on the app... while browsing your "feed" and you choose a particular calendar day to view videos from... they won't play.  You have to choose an individual camera, THEN choose the calendar icon and the day you want to view videos from.

I tried the same function on my desktop and it worked the right way... choose calendar and a certain day... those vids will play right off the bat.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RegularJoe,

Is this happening on iOS or Android? Are you able to reproduce the issue 100% of the time or is it intermittent?

JamesC

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

On Android. I went ahead and deleted all those videos and haven't got any that are even a day old to practice with now. But, when I was experimenting there I tried it two or three different times and it never would work.

I did not try it on videos that were just one or two days old... just the three day old videos...but it shouldn't make any difference.

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

This is if clicking on the feed icon on a basic home screen and picking a day off the calendar that is more than 24 hours in the past.

What I've determined is it won't play back any video over 24 hours old... 24 hours and 5 minutes... it defaults to playing the most recent  video recorded today.

Under 24 hours old... choose that video and it will play that one just fine. 

If you choose one particular camera/ device, bring it up and click on the calendar icon on that particular camera it will play the chosen video, no matter how old it is..

This is on the app on my Android phone.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC I can verify this to be happening. A day-old video reverts to the latest current day video. Also on Android. Works properly on the web client.