Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
VMB4540
Tutor
Tutor

Can’t subscribe to arlo smart plan. On the subscription page it only says ”no subscription”. How do I subscribe? Have 4 arlo PRO3 cameras. Live in Finland.

18 REPLIES 18
dcfox1
Master
Master

@VMB4540 wrote:
Can’t subscribe to arlo smart plan. On the subscription page it only says ”no subscription”. How do I subscribe? Have 4 arlo PRO3 cameras. Live in Finland.

Are you using my.arlo.com and then settings then subscription? Finland I assume is part of Europe so it is available but is it possible you set it up in another Country. List of countries available. 

Arlo subscription plans and cloud recording

VMB4540
Tutor
Tutor
Yes the webpage on a PC. Okay with a VPN on the PC?
dcfox1
Master
Master

@VMB4540 wrote:
Yes the webpage on a PC. Okay with a VPN on the PC?

I don't use VPN so can't comment on that. Mabey someone more familiar will chime in.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@VMB4540  An Arlo mod just posted in another thread a fix for certain sub issues should be released by the end of the week. Mabey it fixes your issue. 

AxDad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there,

According to Arlo subscription plans and cloud recording there should be sub plans for countries in EU but now when I bought a kit with 2 Arlo pro 3 and a smarthub there is no plans to pick on my account.

Live in Finland or well in Alands Islands (belongs to finland).
Any ideas why this is not working?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

DanielandSons
Initiate
Initiate

Hi Team Arlo,

I am also pending on that solution as i am currently unable to subscribe 

thanks a lot

Joukahainen
Aspirant
Aspirant

My devices are under warranty and I am unable to see any recordings with my two mibile devices (Samsung S21 Ultra and Galaxy Tab S6, they both have newest updates). Also Arlos have newest firmwares. I Tried several USB sticks and formatted tthem, but no luck. Arlo says there are not recordigs (Ei tallenteita). Placing sticks in my laptop I see the videos.

Recently Arlo is marketing security plans. Why should I even try any plan?

Joukahainen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I used the trial and bought earlier a month subscription. In that time videos shoved almost all the time (few hick ups).

In my opinion the Arlo application is worse now. I made reply to Google Play also.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue should now be resolved.

If you're trying to subscribe through your Android device, make sure you're on the latest version of the Arlo Android app, which is version 3.5.7. You can read more about the latest version here: Arlo Android App - 3.5.7 - 4th October 2021

VMB4540
Tutor
Tutor
The issue is not resolved. We don’t have android, only iPhone and Mac book Pro and Windows PC. Doesn’t work to get a subscription on any of this advices?! We can’t see the library on the app on the iPhone any more either.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey VMB4540,

I've reached out to you via private message to gather more information from you. Hope to hear from you soon.

jarran
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue living in Sweden. Using the IoS app, Mac and/or Windows computer, I am unable to subrscribe to a plan after my free of charge trial has expired. I´ve had multiple conversations with support but they are still unable to resolve the issue. Now being a frustrated owner of Arlo equipment that I can´t use as intended due to Arlo software issues. Live viewing of course possible but no alerts nor recordings available without the subscription plan. Would I have to buy an Android phone in order to get a valid subscription? Blows my mind!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi jarran,

For further assistance with unable to subscribe to Arlo Secure, please navigate to Settings > Support in the Arlo App for service options available to you.

jarran
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wrote in this community since I am unable to move my support request anywhere after now close to three weeks of trying to subscribe to an Arlo plan. My support case is only referring to the bank, but Arlo are able to reserve subscription amounts from my credit card, but the transaction never gets completed and the money gets refunded. 

I've tried multiple Master Cards by now over multiple platforms (Mac / PC / iPhone)) with many different browser options, but without success. I've removed and added all kinds of verification methods for the transaction, with pretty much the same result = unable to purchase an Arlo plan.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

siroberg
Initiate
Initiate

Åland Island is still not supported for Arlo Smart plan. Åland Island is a part of Finland and Finland is, according to your web page, available for Arlo smart plan. Either specify that Åland Island isn't supported (in Finland), so it isn't misleading for people like me. Even better, fixe this so Arlo smart plan also would be available in Åland Islands. 

Thanks!

jarran
Aspirant
Aspirant

My case is now solved with manual assistance from Arlo. I can only conclude there was an issue with the payment api on Arlo´s side, but once I got in contact with what I assume was next level support, they took my credit card / payment data and executed the payment manually with success. Took some time but finally I can now enjoy all the features of my Arlo products and subscription plans.