Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
LAMurph
Aspirant
Aspirant

I went to my computer to log in check the list of trusted devices.  I got logged in fine.  THAT is very odd because I should have been greeted with a two step authentication prompt and I was not.   Once logged in, I tried to go to the two step authentication settings in my account (Settings > Profile > Two-Step Verification) but the option for Two Step Verification in Profile is NOT THERE.  Am I the only person with this issue?  

I experienced the above after experiencing this:

This morning, I could not log in to my Arlo app on my android phone.  The app was running and I was getting alert notifications, but when I tried to launch the app, I would be prompted to log in which resulted in an endless loop and a few "something went wrong" messages at the top of the screen.  This happened multiple times, even after force quitting the app, clearing cache, and restarting the phone.  Then I got a series of sms text messages with one time authentication codes.  At one point, the phone app asked for an authentication code (odd, since I know I set it up as a trusted device previously).  Still no joy.  Could not log in. "Something went wrong" or bad password errors.

I did some googling.  Read where someone else was able to log in after turning off their wifi so that they were not on the same wifi network as their cameras.  Odd... made no sense.  Still, I tried it, turned on cell data, and that worked.  But I actually think that is a coincidence.  An internet connection is an internet connection, right?

Then... see the first paragraph above.  Where is the two step authentication setting now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue should now be resolved.

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LAMurph wrote:

Where is the two step authentication setting now?

Good Question!

@JamesC - I'm also not seeing Two-Step Verification any more in the iOS app or in my.arlo.com.  It's no longer an option under login settings.

That is real problem, since there is no way for users to see (or change) their trusted device list.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Same here. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is a symptom of an issue we're experiencing on the cloud. Once this issue has been resolved, this functionality will be restored. I will provide an update as soon as we have more information.

JamesC

LAMurph
Aspirant
Aspirant

So the Arlo status page that says all systems are operational and "Log in  --  All Good" is not exactly completely accurate.  Good to know.  😕 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue should now be resolved.

JamesC

LAMurph
Aspirant
Aspirant

Confirmed on Android app and on Browser on PC.  Thank you.