Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Marlore
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I just bought my first Arlo cameras, which is the pack of 4 ultra2's with the base station.

I wasn't happy with the motion detect feature straight away, since it missed almost 50 % of the event. This got alot better when I moved the cameras littlebit further away from each others. Now it seems to detect 95 % of the event (Which still is not the level I would expect from 1000 € camera kit, it should be 100% or else the price tag cannot be justified, because the only 1 missed event could be the one that you really needed) However, I think the main issue (Sound detection) is also affecting the motion detection.

Now I am facing an truly frustrating issue, that also makes this kit pretty much useless as an warning system for unwanted visitors in my consctruction site. I can not set the sound detection off.

I have read this topic:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062889/How-do-I-enable-or-disable-motion-or-sound-detection-on-my-Arlo-device...

It says:

To enable or disable motion or sound detection on Arlo devices:

1. Launch the Arlo Secure App.
  2. Tap Routines.
  3. Select Arm AwayArm Home, or Standby.
  4. Under Rules, select the Arlo device you want to edit.

Note: If you are using an Arlo SmartHub or Arlo Base Station, you must select the SmartHub or Base Station and not the cameras.

1. Tap the switch next to Motion Detected or Audio Detected.
  2. If you are enabling motion or audio detection, tap the switch next to Record Video or Activate Siren to enable your preference.

Note: Other devices such as All-in-One Sensors will have different options.

1. Tap Finish.

Only problem for following this advice, is that there is no Base Station or SmartHub listed under Rules. 

Changing "Audio Detected" off from the camera (Under Rules) does not turn the audio detection off. Turning the camera Microphone off also does not turn off the audio detection.

Currently it is pretty windy and rainy weather, so I am receiving around 1000 notifications in a day for "audio". Also it seems to draw like 15 % of the battery per day, so the battery is not going to last for a week.

So, any ideas what should work, or is there a update coming for this issue? Again, these issues were not something that I was prepared to face with a system with such high price tag.

Best Regards,

Marlore

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Marlore wrote:

Only problem for following this advice, is that there is no Base Station or SmartHub listed under Rules. 

That is a carry-over from the old "Library" interface.  @JamesC - could you arrange for this to be corrected?

@Marlore wrote:

Changing "Audio Detected" off from the camera (Under Rules) does not turn the audio detection off. Turning the camera Microphone off also does not turn off the audio detection.

Turning off the microphone doesn't affect detection - it just turns off sound in the livestreaming and recording.

Disabling audio detection in the rules should work, so double-check that the change was actually saved.

Also, look in the smart notification section, and see if CO/Smoke detection is enabled.  If it is, then turn it off.  The camera has no sensor for CO/Smoke, what it is actually doing is listening for your smoke detector to go off.   There sometimes have been issues with the cameras continuing to detect audio when CO/Smoke is enabled.