Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trouble Inviting Friends

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jasonjblonar
Follower
Follower

My parents have 3 cameras that are linked to an account in my name. I've been trying to grant them access for weeks without success. I've invited them, they've created their own accounts but nothing has happened. Every time they're asked to verify their account via a push notification to their phone, they receive no notification and the attempt is denied.

I've tried logging them in with my account information but it just logs me out whenever they log in. This is very frustrating since I've followed the instructions perfectly.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jasonjblonar wrote:

My parents have 3 cameras that are linked to an account in my name. I've been trying to grant them access for weeks without success. I've invited them, they've created their own accounts but nothing has happened.

Are the invites still showing as pending in your account?  If so: are they accepting the invite on their phone?  Generally it works better to click on Create Account on a PC.  That will open the browser to my.arlo.com, and from there they just log into their existing account.

@jasonjblonar wrote:

Every time they're asked to verify their account via a push notification to their phone, they receive no notification and the attempt is denied.

What happens if they try to access their account on their phone?