Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

They changed the activity Zone settings again

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I check one of my cameras activity Zone settings today and was going to change it, and noticed that where previously I had been able to make a trapezoidal shaped Zone due to some programming change they had made at the time... it's now reverted back to the square or rectangle only..

I took a screenshot of the trapezoidal ability and of the current squaret/rectangle ability now in force.

Screenshot_20230605_085124_Arlo Secure.jpg

Screenshot_20230605_085229_Arlo Secure.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Well, I just brought up a camera to change the security zone, after moving it's physical location... and they've brought back the "square or rectangular only" zone shaping function.... did away with the ability to make them "trapezoidal" in shape.

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a mix of cameras and one of them (Pro 2) only allows rectangular activity zones.  It's useless.

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Seems odd that they would go back and forth like that

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

@RegularJoe wrote:

Seems odd that they would go back and forth like that

And yet here we are.

chrome_zvshDiedoF.pngchrome_LW3Z4sDNp3.png

Rickvazq
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah...same here, I have had the ARLO system with four 3K cameras for almost 2 years, I added 3 Arlo essentials yesterday (from costco) and I found that I cay same "squared" solution when setting up the zones. I wonder if it is related to a newer version of the software since I rebooted my old chime cam and found the same problem. 

Agree with you that this is unpurposeful and a step back in the wrong direction.