Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Siren on pro5

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Bprps
Aspirant
Aspirant

hello, I’d like to trigger the siren on one camera manually from the app and also possibly automatically, but only from the camera siren, not the hub. Is this possible with Pro5 and security hub?

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bprps wrote:

Is this possible with Pro5 and security hub?

What hub model do you have?

Bprps
Aspirant
Aspirant

SH1001er1.3

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bprps wrote:

SH1001er1.3

I was thinking you were referring to a VMB4xxx or VMB5000 (base or smarthub).  Sounds like you are really asking about the home security system.

Bprps
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m referring to the pro5 2k camera and security hub combination. I want to make the siren make a sound when I tell it to using the arlo app.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bprps,

You can trigger the siren automatically or manually by following the instructions listed here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062913/How-do-I-turn-the-siren-on-my-Arlo-camera-on-or-off-Arlo-Secure-4-0

JamesC

Bprps
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had some problems doing it this way before asking my original question. The siren kept turning back on after deactivating it. 

Also, is there a way to trigger it through a routine that with activate the siren on the camera without the siren on the hub going off? I have an area that I’d like to keep vagrants out of without waking everyone up. 

thx

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bprps,

Instructions for setting up the siren trigger within a routine/mode is in the second half of the article linked above under "Set up a siren trigger"

JamesC