Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Tiffanyly
Star
Star

Hi,

I have a subscription plan and was able to add my first camera. I just added 1 more camera and can’t find a way to add these 2 to the subscription plan. I read some older post saying to go to my.arlo.com then setting, subscription then manage plan. However, I don’t see a “subscription” under setting. Please help. Thanks. 

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The dev team is still working on a resolution. I will be sure to provide any updates as soon as possible. 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hi @Tiffanyly

The development team is aware of this and I will provide another update as soon as I have more info to share.

Thank you 

18 REPLIES 18
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tiffanyly wrote:

I read some older post saying to go to my.arlo.com then setting, subscription then manage plan. However, I don’t see a “subscription” under setting. Please help. Thanks. 

This is what I see on the left side of the screen.

subscribe.png

Are you seeing something different?

Tiffanyly
Star
Star

I don’t have the same screen as yours. I reached out to support yesterday and they told me this was due to the recent update and they are trying to solve the issue internally and will get back to me asap. 

Tiffanyly
Star
Star

This is my only option and coils not click on the plan to add camera it just highlighted the words. 

7A73F212-9A42-44FB-A259-A1C804DE18AD.jpeg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It appears that you have 1 trial sub and a paid sub - is that true? The camera(s) in the trial plan can't be added to the paid one unless you cancel the trial. What shows up in each selection when you click on them?

Tiffanyly
Star
Star

I already canceled the trial on the 2 cameras that I tried to add to my subscription but could not.  Right now I could not click on my subscription plan. The link is dead and it’s only highlight the words. Talking to support they said it’s a new issue from the recent update so they are still trying to fix it. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

If you want to access your subscription page, navigate to My.Arlo.com >Click the house Logo in the top right > Click My Arlo Account > Arlo Secure.

Tiffanyly
Star
Star

I can get go that screen but no option to add cameras.  

D83167AE-4E4F-4DF8-8302-024CC8E20150.png

5F3E4F39-D8C4-4314-A914-F3E5FA956572.png

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried adding the camera to your Arlo system vie the Arlo app? to add your cameras you need to use the app or Web. With the Arlo app navigate to the Home Screen and press the + in the top right > and select your camera and follow the onboarding steps. 

Tiffanyly
Star
Star

The cameras are in my app. I have 3 cameras and a door bell. The bell is currently on a trial and I am afraid to remove it so I can switch over. The 3 camera I was able to add one to the subscription when I activated the subscription plan. After that I added 2 cameras to my app and I can see them in the app but I have no way to add them to the subscription. You can see from the screenshots attached here.  They don’t show up in Arlo Secure for me to drag them into the plan like I did with the first one. 

62C6000B-A733-4930-91CB-95FA3604729E.png

4638DEC6-F308-4945-B69D-B815B723D6E9.png

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I'm checking on this with my team now. I'll update you as soon as I have more info. 

Tiffanyly
Star
Star

Hi Shayne,

Did you find out anything from your team?  Thanks. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Tiffanyly

The development team is aware of this and I will provide another update as soon as I have more info to share.

Thank you 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The dev team is still working on a resolution. I will be sure to provide any updates as soon as possible. 

thesaint580
Guide
Guide

Any update on this issue? I have the same problem and cant seem to add/remove cameras as I dont have the option at all on the web to add/remove cameras. 

Tiffanyly
Star
Star

Nope. I am told they removed the manual option to add/ remove camera in Dec as they are now only offer either single or unlimited. That said they are still looking this issue for me. 

thesaint580
Guide
Guide

Looks like you don’t need to worry about adding manually anymore with the new plans. The cameras will be automatically added if you already have a Secure plan. If you already have a camera running and then you buy the plan, then just remove and re-add the camera. This is what I did with tech support. For sure, the KB articles need to be updated clearly as I could not find this information anywhere. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This is currently functioning by design. The camera(s) should be added automatically to the appropriate plan when they trial plan expires. 

Viper_114
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Shayne,

Firstly, if this is by design, then it is a terrible design - Why would any one want to have a device operating on a trial subscription when they are paying for a proper subscription? All devices should be immediately added to the paid subscription if one is detected.

Funnily enough, I am facing the same situation, where one camera is operating on the paid subscription and one is operating on a trial. Normally this probably wouldn't be too much of an issue however I am unable to add new devices to my account when a trial plan is in operation. I have tried to cancel the trial subscription and now I don't even get the option to do that, despite having a valid and paid up subscription.

I think something is actually broken with my account as well as it only recognises the trial subscription in the devices tab and not in the section where you manage subscriptions. What this means is that I am now in a situation where I am unable to add the remaining 4 cameras I have purchased as the single camera trial subscription on my second one is prohibiting this.

How can I resolve this? It's being doing my head in for a while now and I am so close to ripping the lot out and going to get a refund!

-- Simon