Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TrevorW87
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I am overseas from where my camera is and am still on the old version of the secure app. My family who lives where my camera is are on the new version and the share function is not working anymore. Any solutions to this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You would have to update your account to the new UI to get sharing working. To do this just use Add Device to install either a Pro 5 camera or the security system, even though you have neither. That forces the migration after which you can just back out of the bogus install.

There are ramifications with this, though. You can't go back to the old UI and custom modes don't transfer. You would need to use the 3 supplied modes to do what you need and maybe check your schedule and geofencing settings, too. It's certainly different and you'd need to set aside time to go through the whole thing to get things set up and understand how things work and where things are. Just an FYI, this will eventually be pushed to everyone so doing it now gets you over the hump but doing it while away could certainly be, shall we say, less than optimal.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You would have to update your account to the new UI to get sharing working. To do this just use Add Device to install either a Pro 5 camera or the security system, even though you have neither. That forces the migration after which you can just back out of the bogus install.

There are ramifications with this, though. You can't go back to the old UI and custom modes don't transfer. You would need to use the 3 supplied modes to do what you need and maybe check your schedule and geofencing settings, too. It's certainly different and you'd need to set aside time to go through the whole thing to get things set up and understand how things work and where things are. Just an FYI, this will eventually be pushed to everyone so doing it now gets you over the hump but doing it while away could certainly be, shall we say, less than optimal.