Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
MissCourts
Guide
Guide

Hey all, my partner and I recently purchased new Arlo cameras and got them all set up, I was invited onto his account and was great as when he is away I could arm the cameras etc etc. I updated the app this morning and now I can no longer change the mode from the app. This is a big let down as my partner is away a bit so being able to do it myself was a big draw. Is this a glitch or the new normal?

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you all for the continued feedback. The fix for this issue will be available in the next version of the Arlo Secure mobile app. As a temporary workaround, you can use the Web Portal at My.Arlo.com or an Android device to adjust the modes. 

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

I spoke with members of the development team and they are aware that this issue is impacting some users. A fix is currently being tested and will be rolled out in a new version  of the Arlo Secure mobile app. I will provide more information as soon as I it becomes available.

JamesC

101 REPLIES 101
Kabu21
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m using Arlo ultra H6, Current version is 4.6.2 (6478). iPhone 12 Pro Max 

I’m unable able to click the “arm away””arm home” and the other function.

my partner can use these functions from his phone.

we uninstalled and reinstalled, deleted the account and add back. Not working.

any solution please?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Other threads here about this - a quick search would have been fruitful. No fix yet but I suspect soon.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Known problem - use the search function. A fix should be coming but no idea when.

Hummelmose
Star
Star

Hi.

I did search but didn't find any. I you have a ticket / subject where I can follow I would be happy.

bulimbadave
Tutor
Tutor

this is still not fixed - highly frustrating as my partner cannot arm or disarm the system.  We are paying for a subscription service that does not work!  This issue has been ongoing for more than 7 days!

Rockstar9959
Tutor
Tutor

When will the fix be done - the whole system is now worthless 

Rockstar9959
Tutor
Tutor

When will the fix be done? The whole system is now worthless 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Here's one:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Secure/Shared-user-can-no-longer-can-change-mode/m-p/1919899

A fix will be issued at some point (soon?).

Hummelmose
Star
Star

Thanks

DoYouLikeWaffle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I just setup my camera system of Arlo Pro 4, and find that arming is only available to the creator of the camera system. I gave a family member admin rights to the camera, however he’s unable to arm them whatsoever.

Is this a bug or a “feature”? Any fixes?

Redsquirrel
Aspirant
Aspirant

My wife has had access since day one. The other day the arm and disarm buttons are no longer working they don’t look as bright like they have been turned off.  I deleted her and re granted access again but same thing. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Known issue. An app fix is said to be coming.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Known issue that an app fix is supposedly coming for.

dvisconti
Initiate
Initiate

My wife is an Admin authorized user under our new Secure plan.  I gave her access rights and everything else is checked off to giver her all permissions available.  She is not able to activate or deactivate the arm away or standby mode from the Arlo App on her phone.  She was able to do it during the trial period we had but now that we pay for the yearly subscription she can not arm the house or disarm it.  Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix.  I tried having her delete the app and reinstall it, but this did not help.  n

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dvisconti wrote:

My wife is an Admin authorized user under our new Secure plan.  I gave her access rights and everything else is checked off to giver her all permissions available.  She is not able to activate or deactivate the arm away or standby mode from the Arlo App on her phone.  She was able to do it during the trial period we had but now that we pay for the yearly subscription she can not arm the house or disarm it.  Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix.  I tried having her delete the app and reinstall it, but this did not help.  n

This is a bug, Arlo says there will be a fix "soon".

dvisconti
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for the response, hopefully it is sooner than later

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The 4.7 version of the Arlo Secure mobile app, which resolves this issue, is being rolled out now. It may take up to a week for all users to see the update available in the app store. I encourage you to check the app store to see if the update is available if you're experiencing this issue.

JamesC

MissCourts
Guide
Guide

Thank you for letting us know about the app update. I’ve just updated and can now change the modes. 

Casper_NL
Guide
Guide

Thanks JamesC, I can confirm that it works again with the new version of the app!

KimmyO
Aspirant
Aspirant

MissCourts - we're having the same problem.  After months of running the new cameras and app without issue, suddenly as of a 1-2 weeks ago, my husband who I invited to the app can no longer change the Mode (Arm Away, Arm Home, Standby).  He has all other functionality.  Frustrating as we don't wake up at the same time, so I now have to leave off my inside cameras or we'll have 20 new videos before I wake up to change the Mode.

Looks like Arlo is working to fix the bug, and I hope it gets fixed ASAP as this is a huge inconvenience.

PCFK
Guide
Guide

Thank you for letting us know, JamesC

I have just downloaded the 4.7 version of the Arlo Secure App and the arm/disarm buttons are working again!

Thanks Arlo, for getting onto this and getting it working again.

DRW514
Guide
Guide

Yes!  The latest update worked for my phone.  Thank you JamesC for keeping us informed.

Patmat439
Star
Star

I concur … fixed in this version.  Thank you for the assistance!! 

AK_2023
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks so much JamesC! it works here as well!

Rockstar9959
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you James it is now working!