Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AndreaBBB
Guide
Guide

Hi there, I'm trying to add my second house abroad. When I set the address for an additional location, I can't change my default country. What's going on?

Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 15.52.26.png

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if you fill out the rest of the form first?

AndreaBBB
Guide
Guide

it doesn't let me change the country

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Let's get the mods involved - @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN ?

And, to be clear, you have a subscription for the camera you select in the Support section, right?

AndreaBBB
Guide
Guide

Yes, I have a subscription. I'm currently running 5 Arlo cameras

AndreaBBB
Guide
Guide

3 days... it looks like the Mods are very busy nowadays.

If only Dev were as busy as Mods, Arlo could have been a successful business.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's the Thanksgiving holiday in the US so Thursday Nov. 23 through Sunday Nov. 26 is off-time for most of Arlo. Mods are also usually not around on weekends, either.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm working with the dev team to investigate the concerns mentioned here. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information to share.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

By design, locations must be created in the same country in which the account was originally set up. You cannot create a location in a different country. You can read more about locations here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062778/What-are-Locations-in-the-Arlo-Secure-App-and-how-do-I-use-them

If you want to set up cameras at a second location outside of the country where your first account was created, we recommend setting up a second account with a separate email address for that location.

JamesC