SH1001 keypad house and garage one subscription

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

Can I have to locations on the same property with one subscription? I have a wired keypad SH1001 in my home location with the arlo secure plan. My dilemma is I have two all in one sensors in my garage for the overhead and service door. The overhead door sensor is at the limits of distance from the keypad hub. I recently bought another SH1001 keypad hub and found out that you can only have one per location. If I add another location to the app for the detached garage (using the new keypad I purchased) which is on the same property, will I be able to use the same subscription that I am currently using for my house or would I need a second subscription for the garage?. Another $300 a year for the garage isn't a economical solution.

Second question. Does the all in one sensors connect to a wire free keypad if I add it to my existing system. Thinking I could put the wire free keypad closer to the garage, 

I'm not sure if the wire free keypad acts like and extender or just a dumb client. Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If you do add  a second keypad, they will operate as one integrated system (either keypad controlling everything).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bartley wrote:

Can I have two locations on the same property with one subscription?

You can have two home security systems on the same property with one subscription.  But they need to be set up in the same location.

If you set them up in two locations you will need two subscriptions.

Do you actually need the two systems to be set up in two locations?  Or are you just assuming that you need to do that?

Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

They would be on the same location. One would be House the second garage.

I don't really want too, but my overhead garage door is at the limits of the wired keypad connection. Door close it is synced, open the overhead door and all in one sensor loses connection. Close it syncs again. I don't want to move the keypad as I use it for motion, and it is in a central location in the house.

That brings me to the second possible solution to keep it on one system is the wire free keypad. If I add that to my existing system and move it closer to the garage or put it in the garage for a good signal would the sensor connect to the wire free keypad or will the sensor only connect to the wired keypad.

Thanks for the info on the one subscription question. At least I know I can use the second wired keypad with the same subscription on the same property if that ends up being my solution.

Thanks

Gary

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If you do add  a second keypad, they will operate as one integrated system (either keypad controlling everything).

Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

I have a wire free keypad  that is supposed to be here today. If it connects to the wire free keypad then my low signal at the garage overhead door should be resolved.

Thanks 

Gary 

Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

I added the KB1001 Wire free keypad. Installed it upstairs by the airing deck door and my garage overhead door sensor stays on-line all the time. It looks like KB1001 extends the range. Thanks for the help, Stephen