Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
serm
Tutor
Tutor

I'm on Android 13, I've been using Arlo Secure with no issues with this configuration:

DO NOT DISTURB is always on.

In app notification settings, Arlo notifications and Geofencing enabled, both have "Override Do Not Disturb".

I would receive the notification and sound every time a notification was sent.

I think a recent update this past week did something. (android or Arlo) No settings changed, and the notifications now show but are silent. I have changed multiple settings, re-installed app, reset android settings. Nothing helped.

I set it up on another android phone i have, and the same issue.

All other apps on both devices follow the override rule and play a sound, only Arlo app is not.

Both devices Google pixels, pixel 3 and a pixel 6.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Android version v4.7 should resolve this issue. The update is in a slow roll-out phase. You can check to see if the update is available, but not all users will have access just yet. 

Thank you 

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Mitzu
Guide
Guide

I am having the same issue!!!!   This is SOO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had my phone set to Do Not Disturb for years and with the setting set to allow notifications and ARLO was my main notification that is very important to me!!!!!!   I can not sit and stare at my phone just to see a SILENT NOTIFICATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I work..  My phone did an update over the weekend and ever since then, my ARLO notifications are silent!   THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WHY HAVE SECURITY CAMERAS WITH ALERTS THAT YOU CANT HEAR?!!!!!!!!   MIGHT AS WELL JUST SIT ASS AT HOME ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!    UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I have had Arlo for over 9 years now and love it until NOW!!!!!!!!!!    Please fix issue!!!!!!!!!   I have samsung phone - always had samsung phones with no issue until this passed weekend!   UNACCEPTABLE ! MIGHT AS WELL NOT EVEN HAVE SECURITY SYSTEM AT THIS POINT!!!!!!!!!!!   WHAT GOOD IS IT WHEN YOU RECEIVE A NOTIFICATION THAT IS SILENT?!!!!!!!!!!!!

QARun
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having same issue on Samsung Galaxy S21. Ironically, issue happening as I’m evaluating replacing my 4 eol Arlo cams. Not receiving sound with notification at night when phone is in do not disturb is a deal breaker for me. Looks like I’m going to have to jump ship to get this functionality.

serm
Tutor
Tutor

Its clearly the app, I joined android beta and upgraded to 14 to see if the OS update would help, same issue, all other apps play a sound with DND override on, arlo is still silent.

Mitzu
Guide
Guide

I agree!   I set a reminder for me to start searching for other security cameras and they WILL NOT BE ARLO that's for sure!   I will miss my arlo, but this is just ridiculous.     Now IF they fix this problem, I will keep but based on the EOL Agreement, it doesn't look promising. 

Mitzu
Guide
Guide

Serm, read Arlo's End of Life Policy...    I posted some of it early in one of my replies, It may not be just the app, the EOL should be highlighted at the top of your screen, (if on computer)

serm
Tutor
Tutor

I found a fix, requires some work.

Downloaded apk for version 4.3.5, removed current version, installed the older model, and it all works as before!

QARun
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, won't be needing a fix as I just tried to use the 50% EOL discount on a bundle of new Arlos but coupon did not work so I'm replacing my Arlo system with another brand. 

Mitzu
Guide
Guide

I have a galaxy s20 5g.  How do I find out if i have android 13, like you?  I would love to try your fix if i have same android 13. 

serm
Tutor
Tutor

You can do it on any version of android, you just need to find the apk and install it. Not sure how legal it is so i wont link to it, but its simple to google.

Mitzu
Guide
Guide

Thank you.  Will try tomorrow. Hopefully its as easy as you say.  I'll letcha you if i need help, if thats ok?

JBuiatti
Aspirant
Aspirant

Frustrating as hell! An alarm that doesn't sound! I had to disable DND temporarily to have it back. Hopefully Arlo fixes this urgently.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

HiloRain
Guide
Guide

It's been 2 weeks, any update on this?  This is a system breaking problem and should be high priority.

Mitzu
Guide
Guide

As of today, NOT that I'm aware of!   Soo frustrating!!  I already found another system, NOT by Arlo!  However, I am giving Arlo till middle of this month to fix issue or its BYE BYE ARLO FOR EVER!!!  SUCH A SHAME,  AS I LOVED MY ARLO TILL THIS!!!  I AM SURPRISED I AM HOLDING OUT THIS LONG!!!  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There is a future update that should help with this issue. Which version of the Arlo app do you have installed? 

HiloRain
Guide
Guide

Version: 4.6.1_28552

Is it possible to get an older version that doesn't have this bug?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Android version v4.7 should resolve this issue. The update is in a slow roll-out phase. You can check to see if the update is available, but not all users will have access just yet. 

Thank you 

Mitzu
Guide
Guide

I'm not sure, but I  am HAPPY to say that as of this morning, my notification sounds are back!!!  I have my phone set to DND, and arlo notifications are loud and clear!!  Woot woot!  Thank you arlo for fixing issue, I am back in love my arlo security cameras!!!!!!

kenspencer
Initiate
Initiate

I have 4.7, and override DND is still not working for me.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@kenspencer 4.7.1 is the latest version can you update and test again. 

QARun
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, me too. Android updated to 5.1 and alerts now work with DND. Seems to have been an Android issue.