Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Problem with grant access

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mussi
Follower
Follower

Hey

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with a problem I encountered while attempting to grant access to my Arlo cameras for a new user.

I have followed all the steps outlined in your instructions to add a user to my Arlo cameras. I successfully sent an invitation to the specified email address, and the recipient created an account through the provided link. However, despite completing the account setup, the new user is unable to access the cameras. The invitation status still shows as "Pending" in the Arlo app.

I have verified that the email address used for the invitation was correct, and the recipient confirmed that they followed the instructions in the invitation email. However, no further progress has been made, and the new user is unable to view or manage the cameras.

I kindly request your assistance in resolving this issue. It appears that there may be a technical problem preventing the new user from accessing the cameras even after completing the account setup process. Could you please investigate and provide guidance on how to rectify this situation? I appreciate any help you can provide in resolving this matter promptly.

If there are any additional details or information needed, please let me know, and I will be more than happy to provide them.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Kind regards, Steffen

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mussi,

If the invitation is still showing as pending, that means it has not been accepted. It's important to note that the link contained in the invitation email must be used to create a new account or login to an existing account in order for the grant access invitation to successfully be accepted.

JamesC

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC wrote:

If the invitation is still showing as pending, that means it has not been accepted. It's important to note that the link contained in the invitation email must be used to create a new account or login to an existing account in order for the grant access invitation to successfully be accepted.

@Mussi - I recommend doing this step on a PC (clicking on the "create account" link in the email).  That works better than doing it in the app.