Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Password no good and my email has changed. How to reset?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jayn_j
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo recently forced an update on my Pro4 camera and apparently updated Arlo secure app as well.  It asked for a login.  Apparently I have forgotten my password, and the saved one is no good.  Unfortunately, my old ISP went bankrupt last fall and I needed to change email.  I never thought to change it in the secure app.

Now I find myself in Arlo "support" hell.  It will send a password reset to my old (no good) email, or it will let me change my email address if I just log in.  Can't do either.  Their 'chat' AI and FAQ just keep me running around in circles and there is no way to contact a human.

The only good news is that my credit card has expired and the new one has a different number, so the billing will bounce this month and I can be free to move on.

Get real Arlo, you can make it hard to contact a human, but there needs to be a way for a corner case like mine where the AI solution simply doesn't work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jayn_j Thanks for the update, that is the email I used.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jayn_j 

I have escalated this for you and support will be reaching out to the email associated with this account as soon as possible. if you need to use another email please let me know and I can provide it. 

jayn_j
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for replying, Shayne

The email associated with this message is good, and this email is now disabled.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jayn_j Thanks for the update, that is the email I used.