Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
HarryGinSC
Guide
Guide

Our cameras detect and record just fine. After the recording is created I see the still frame of the new recording in the "Devices" window, but the recording never gets loaded to my library.  This started around 1 pm EST today, Monday, December 11, 2023.  I've just wasted an hour with online Arlo tech support chat restarting my base station and removing and re-adding cameras.  And, of course, none of that worked since the base station and cameras are all working just fine!  This is obviously an issue on the Arlo end of things.

Is anyone else missing their recordings in the Library window?  Arlo makes it sound like it's only me having this problem.

Thanks,

Harry G.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is now resolved. Library/Feed recordings should be visible now as expected.

JamesC

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

We're continuing to investigate reports of this issue. For updates, you can view status.arlo.com as we work toward a solution.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

We're currently investigating reports from some users who are experiencing this issue. I will provide an update once we have more information to share.

JamesC

68 REPLIES 68
Dravenashe
Tutor
Tutor

Mine does not work either. Stopped working as of 11:19 am.

HarryGinSC
Guide
Guide

I just wasted an hour with Arlo "technical support".  Total waste of time rebooting and re-adding cameras, restarting the base station, and restarting the router.  I told them at the beginning it was an Arlo server issue on their end.  But, I guess the stupid customers don't know anything.

Dravenashe
Tutor
Tutor

I found no number to call anyone. I think they are trying to make you get a subscription. I don't have one never did. Now cameras don't record anything.

EMH1
Initiate
Initiate

I have arlo pro 2 system. I receive alert notifications that I have new video but no new videos show. My system has worked fine for years.  This is a new problem and I made no changes. I was receiving videos fine then minutes later no more videos. How do I correct this problem  ?

Xxxxxxxxh
Guide
Guide

Same issue here 

Dravenashe
Tutor
Tutor

Just found this online. Arlo says it is discontinuing the 7days free cloud storage service at the end of 2023 because the EOL policy dictates that the feature will end for arlo wire-free and arlo pro cameras on April 2023, and the arlo pro2 and the other legacy cameras end at the end of 2023 so no cameras will be needing to use the legacy service so it can be discontinued.

HarryGinSC
Guide
Guide

Actually, we have been on the Arlo Secure plan since January of this year.  We took advantage of the 75% off deal and this is the final month of that deal.  I assume I'll start getting billed the full $12.99 for the Arlo Secure plan in January when my 12-month deal expires.  But, I certainly won't be doing that if they don't get this fixed soon!

accentcleaners
Tutor
Tutor

Today my cameras stopped recording video with my secure subscription. I get alerts but no recordings. I tried dragging the cameras into the box to activate (even though they were already active this morning) but it just pops back up and won't let me activate. Also, when I delete old videos they come right back! Huh? I also formatted the USB but still shows recordings. Installed a new USB - same thing. Videos still there. Reset Base station and phone-same thing!

Joe125
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem. I've had no issues with my Pro 2 system until today where new video is not appearing on the video screen. Only video up to about 1:15 pm Eastern is appearing. I've updated the app and rebooted the system with no resolve. Could this be a server issue?

Rpratt
Aspirant
Aspirant

my cameras, are recording, but the videos are not available on my phone app. Anyone know what the issue is?

Lorimar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem as of 12/11.  Get notifications but no videos in cloud library.  Have installed lasted app update.  pro 3 cameras.

Lorimar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem.  Have Arlo Secure subscription.  Get notifications but no video recordings in cloud library.  Pro 3 cameras and latest app version.

HarryGinSC
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the information.  Sorry you have to join our "no library" club.  I deleted the apps on my devices and reinstalled them, all to no avail.  Sounds like a major issue on the Arlo end of things but they have been unresponsive and zero help through customer support so far. 

Lorimar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I deleted and added back one camera to see if that would fix the problem.  It didn’t.  I also rebooted the base station.  Definitely a problem on their end.

HarryGinSC
Guide
Guide

Same issue here with my 6 Arlo Pro cameras and my Arlo doorbell.  It actually is recording because I can see a still frame of the recording in the "devices" view, but there is nothing in the library since 1 pm this afternoon.  I spent an hour online with Arlo "support" and they were absolutely no help at all.  They just read from a script about removing and re-adding my cameras, restarting my base station, resetting my router.  All to no avail.  They said they could even see the videos showing up on the server on their end, but nothing gets displayed in my library on my devices. Arlo something today and won't admit it! 

HarryGinSC
Guide
Guide

Yes, please open a case # ticket.  Perhaps the more we inundate them with cases the faster it will get addressed.

thedocwho4
Initiate
Initiate

why are my cameras not sending video to library? Just started this weekend.

Monarch
Guide
Guide

Same problem here. Still get notifications & a pop up, but the recordings dont appear in library since 4pm cst. I have an active subscription. Arlo pro 4 cameras.

Dravenashe
Tutor
Tutor

Did already. The only thing they want me to do is restart everything or try another network. Nothing works. We all need to flood them with a case. Problem does not seem to be on our end.

bruce12861
Initiate
Initiate

I have same exact problem

Monarch
Guide
Guide

IT IS AN APP ISSUE AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CAMERAS ARLO!!  Mine are on wi-fi. The internet works for everthing in the house. Furthermore, if t wasnt working i wouldnt even get the notification and pop-ups. 

Ashley88
Initiate
Initiate

Yep same problem! I have the Pro3’s. I have contacted customer service and they don’t care. I have messaged them on Facebook and left a comment on their recent post. They don’t care and when I go to update my cameras I’m done. 

User0002
Guide
Guide

Me too. Still not working as of 7:50 pm eastern today December 11th. 

BrokenFixed
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue with me today.  If I record a video manually it appears in the feed for about 30 seconds and then disappears.