Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New subscription, not sure what I can do

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

One of my trials are ending the 16th of the month.

So, just now I subscribed. Got the unlimited cameras $9.99 plan.

As you can see by the pictures, it shows "6 of 6 cameras participating"

Before I noticed that, I was trying to emulate what I'd read on here in the past about "drag the cameras here to include it in your plan".

Well, I thought I'd jump the gun and put 3 of them in the plan, but they won't highlight to enable them to be drug over there.

Is that because they're still under the trial plan?  

I figure that is the reason...but, one screen shows them still under the trial.... but the other screen says that all 6 of them are "participating".

As screwed up as this company is, I'm afraid to cancel the 3 soon-to-be-expired trials to put them under the paid subscription for fear that something will go wrong when I drop the trial and I won't be able to get them linked back up or something.

I may try it anyway on one of them that's not too important, just to see what happens.

Captured.PNGCaptures.PNGCapture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Ok, just this morning I read your reply and thought I would try it on my phone and see if it would work.  It does work on the phone.

After doing that, I thought "let me try the PC again."

I went to subscription and tried to highlight a camera on the list, and that didn't work. 

I had been doing the normal "hold the mouse button down and drag" to highlight the camera name, just like you highlight things on every other web page on the internet.... that doesn't work.  Then, I noticed the three, faint horizontal lines at the right hand end of the row with the camera description.  

When I put the pointer on those lines... a 4-way arrow appeared!  I held the mouse button down and THAT selected that camera and allowed it to be "drug" around the menu.

I suggest that they change the look of that screen and, instead of three faint horizontal lines the substitute the words "ADD/SUBTRACT" instead. 

The way it is is just not intuitive enough to tell a person that "THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO CLICK ON".

Faint, gray lines are not indicative. When you hover over them, nothing "highlights", just the little 4-way arrow appears. What should appear should be your mouse pointer icon, not that 4 way arrow.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Well,  with it... I went ahead and pulled the trigger and ended the trial on them all.

They all migrated over there... 

One thing though... there is no dragging any camera with the mouse pointer. Nothing highlights.

As I would "end trial", the cam would disappear off the "trial" group roster and would later show up on the "subscription" roster.

When I put the mouse pointer on any of the individual cameras, nothing highlights.

If I wanted to remove a camera, I couldn't.  

One other thing... I found 3 more cameras on facebook marketplace and purchased them.... with the intent of adding them to my arsenal of cameras.

It's been so long since I "onboarded" the originals, I can't remember how to do it.

The seller said he purchased them new from Arlo in January this year... I hope there is no problem adding them. If there is, I'll be right back here squawking.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RegularJoe wrote: I went ahead and pulled the trigger and ended the trial on them all.

Which of course was the right action.

The "6 out of 6" message was in fact correct, since all cameras were subscribed (though in the different plans).

Cancelling the trials allowed them to be added to the paid subscription.  They should have showed up in a "new plan" list after that - I haven't done this recently, but I was able to drag the cameras to the paid subscription on a PC the last time I needed to.

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Ok, just this morning I read your reply and thought I would try it on my phone and see if it would work.  It does work on the phone.

After doing that, I thought "let me try the PC again."

I went to subscription and tried to highlight a camera on the list, and that didn't work. 

I had been doing the normal "hold the mouse button down and drag" to highlight the camera name, just like you highlight things on every other web page on the internet.... that doesn't work.  Then, I noticed the three, faint horizontal lines at the right hand end of the row with the camera description.  

When I put the pointer on those lines... a 4-way arrow appeared!  I held the mouse button down and THAT selected that camera and allowed it to be "drug" around the menu.

I suggest that they change the look of that screen and, instead of three faint horizontal lines the substitute the words "ADD/SUBTRACT" instead. 

The way it is is just not intuitive enough to tell a person that "THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO CLICK ON".

Faint, gray lines are not indicative. When you hover over them, nothing "highlights", just the little 4-way arrow appears. What should appear should be your mouse pointer icon, not that 4 way arrow.