Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
ScottsArlo
Follower
Follower

Just set up cameras and Arlo Secure app today. When I go to try and subscribe to a plan, I don't have any to choose from when I go to setting, subscription. All I see is Subscription/No Subscription. I cleared the cache on my Mac and also tried to use Crome from my Mac AND Edge from my wife's PC with no luck. Any ideas?

I am located in the United States. 

17 REPLIES 17
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @ScottsArlo 

Are you Still experiencing this issue?

xoferMD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have this same issue.

I recently bought three Pro 5 2K cameras. My trial ended and I subscribed to the Secure plan with 'unlimited cameras'.

1 camera is on the plan. The two others are in my app but not on any  plan.

I have deleted the android app and re-installed.

I have factory re-set the cameras and re-added them to the system.

When I go to Settings/Locations and Plans, I can see all 3 cameras:

1 is listed as Subscribed to the Secure Plan

2 of them are listed as No Plan and when I click on Plans, the only option is to Subscribe.

Why isn't there an "Add to Current Subscription' option?

Thanks

arlo.JPG

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @xoferMD Are you still experiencing the issue? I see you are subscribed to the  legacy Multi-camera plan at the moment.

xoferMD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I still have this issue.

I subscribed to the Multicamera Plan with one camera and I see no way to add more cameras.

Also - what do mean by "legacy"?

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Legacy means something older than what's now being offered. My suggestion would be to unsubscribe from your current plan and choose an appropriate current plan which allows unlimited cameras so you don't have to select them.

xoferMD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok. That's a bit confusing as I subscribed at Arlo's website last week.

Have the plans changed since then?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

cbo9045
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue.  Took advantage of the deal to upgrade some old Arlo Pro cameras with the new Pro 5's and ever since the 30 day secure trial ended, my system has been all messed up.  I've tried communicating with support, who takes 2-4 days to respond and then doesn't even address the questions I've asked.  I'm being told I have the secure account.  I was charged for the secure account, but i have none of that functionality and show "no plan" when I log into my account.  I've lost animated previews, person/package detection.  In the most recent response I got from support, they told me I have the secure account but none of my cameras are added to it.  Problem is I can't see anywhere that I even have a plan, let alone how to add my cameras (many of which have been in my account for 4-5 years) to this magic new plan.  Now I have to wait another 2-4 days to get a response that more than likely will not even answer the questions I have.  This upgrade has been anything but an upgrade that's for sure. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@cbo9045 wrote:

I'm being told I have the secure account.  I was charged for the secure account, but i have none of that functionality and show "no plan" when I log into my account. 

If you are using an iPhone, then log into my.arlo.com on a PC browser, and see if you can find the "manage camera" control to make sure the cameras are in the plan.  You can't manage the camera subscription from the iPhone app.

cbo9045
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. Yes I realized quickly you can’t make changes in the app so I logged in on my computer. Nothing. Shows no plan.  See picture. It’s so bizarre. I get notifications and it saves the feed, but no animation/preview  or person/package identification. 

IMG_9408.jpeg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@cbo9045 wrote:

Thanks. Yes I realized quickly you can’t make changes in the app so I logged in on my computer. Nothing. Shows no plan.  See picture. It’s so bizarre. I get notifications and it saves the feed, but no animation/preview  or person/package identification. 

Try looking in your account profile (clicking on the down arrow next to "Secure" in the top left).

cbo9045
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I’ve tried that too. It prompts me to subscribe. I’ve had monthly arlo account for years now too. 

IMG_9409.jpeg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@cbo9045 wrote:

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I’ve tried that too. It prompts me to subscribe. I’ve had monthly arlo account for years now too. 

Everything seems to point to not having a subscription.

Do you use the "friend" account feature to share cameras?  If you do, it's possible you onboarded the new cameras to the account w/o a subscription.

cbo9045
Aspirant
Aspirant

I share it with my wife so she has access. Was charged the 12.99 on 8/2 and got email welcoming me to arlo secure. Cameras record, notify and store for 30 days but my animations and person/package detection is gone. Tried deleted and reinstalling the app. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I do appreciate your help/communication. It’s crickets for days when I contact support and unfortunately no love people. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@cbo9045 wrote:

I share it with my wife so she has access.

And her account also shows no subscription plan?

cbo9045
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately it just shows my shared “home”. I can see the cameras and all 30 day archived recordings. She gets notifications too but same issue with no animation previews or AI identification. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@cbo9045 wrote:

Unfortunately it just shows my shared “home”. I can see the cameras and all 30 day archived recordings. She gets notifications too but same issue with no animation previews or AI identification. 

I'm setting aside the animation previews and smart notifications for now, as it seems to me that the bigger issue is the confusion over the subscription status.

I asked whether her account also shows no subscription when you log into my.arlo.com with her credentials, and similarly look at the account details - just to make sure that the subscription isn't showing up in her account for some reason.

There does appear to be a bug at the moment with animation previews if you are using email notifications.