Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mute Notifications

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Tiberian11
Follower
Follower

Why has Arlo not created a custom mute notifications option?  App hasn’t been upgraded in years. No problem raising cloud fees but app lacks upgrades. Needs a custom time option for muting notifications. Goes from 3hr to 24hr option. Guess skipping 6, 8, 12, etc… made sense to them?

6 REPLIES 6
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

In the absence of anything from arlo, I suggest that making a change would incur a fee from the software developer, that would add up to three changes. By standard Netgear rates it’s likely 10K per change so 30KT, hence why limited development over the years.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tiberian11 wrote:

App hasn’t been upgraded in years. 

Be careful what you wish for.  Arlo started to roll out the "Feed" UI last winter.  It works quite differently, and some of the folks who have been migrated to it have struggled with the changes.  Eventually you will get it (after Arlo finishes it).

Though I agree it would be useful to set your own duration for the mute.

Dapperdan8
Aspirant
Aspirant
Spoiler
This. Arlo must add custom mute option or I will be forced to change security camera brands. Or at minimum more options. Jumping from 3 hours to 24 hours is useless. For me  I only want notifications at night. 
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dapperdan8 wrote:
This. Arlo must add custom mute option or I will be forced to change security camera brands. Or at minimum more options. Jumping from 3 hours to 24 hours is useless. For me  I only want notifications at night. 

You could create a custom mode that records but doesn't notify.  The schedule it to run during the day (and use the normal armed mode at night).  Then you'd get the behavior you want automatically.

perturbedUser
Guide
Guide

Nah, you cannot create custom modes anymore in the new version! They took this feature away, which is beyond horrible.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@perturbedUser wrote:

Nah, you cannot create custom modes anymore in the new version! They took this feature away, which is beyond horrible.

You didn't say you were on Feed (and the OP was focused on Library).

While you cannot create a custom mode in "Feed", you can change the rules in the three built-in modes.  So you could for instance remove the notifications in Armed Home, but keep them in Armed Away.  Or modify standby so that the cameras record but don't notifify.

FWIW, I agree that dropping custom modes was a bad decision on Arlo's part.