Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the following issues:

Arlo support don't answer their phones.

Chat button doesn't work. 

Mechanical chime doesn't work. 

None of my cameras observe schedules. 

None of my cameras observe geofencing. 

Setting app to standby or home mode does nothing and they all reset to away mode upon restart of the app.

No longer able to disable 1 camera whilst charging

Activity zones are not observed.

I'm getting quite stressed with notifications popping up all the time, day and night "motion detected" and to top it all off Arlo now restrict the amount of storage we can use, which wouldn't be a problem if all these above issues were resolved. 

This is a premium product, yet there appears to be absolutely no support. I've left a review on the play store where I was told to contact support, I have done that multiple times, as I said they don't reply to emails, chat doesn't work and phones don't seem to be answered. I'm at a total loss as to what to do. 

We have the multi camera subscription. 

Any advice as to how I can get these issues resolved, it would be very greatly appreciated.

39 REPLIES 39
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MichaelT90 wrote:

I get they wanted to modernise it, but when it didn't work they should have rolled it back to the last known good config... They're in too deep now.

I agree they created a huge mess for themselves.

Rolling back would have destroyed their home security and Pro 5s launch, since both depended on the new UI.  So I can see why they didn't want to do that.  Still, it might have worked out better.

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

Maybe so, but still they could have given the user the option to choose between the two, rather than force that keech onto us. And not once has there been an apology. I find this offensive. 

MichaelT90
Apprentice
Apprentice

This! 

Sonos ran 2 apps for ages for their older products. I mean their own recent so updates are a similar story now sadly, but it's proof there are ways of handling it. And they're CEO did apologise and put forward their plans to fix the issues they created. No such comms from Arlo, and it's their support teams stuck in the middle. I've been in their shoes, and I don't envy them, because I imagine they're not allowed to tell people features are broken with no way forward.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Edinburgh_lad1 wrote:

they could have given the user the option to choose between the two

I agree.

MichaelT90
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well we're almost 10 weeks on, and absolutely no progress... Round and round in circles. 2nd attempt at trying to get them to escalate my ticket.

MichaelT90
Apprentice
Apprentice

Please, everyone who reads this and has an issue, please please please raise a ticket with support, they won't be able to help, but it adds to their stats, and the more of us who raise a ticket the higher up the priority list it becomes as they will either have to employ more staff to deal with these support tickets, or actually fix the bugs. 

Don't let them close the ticket until the issue is resolved either. I work on an it support help desk, trust me, eventually they find out at the top of its shown as a big enough issue

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have created a ticket for support to reach out to you, they will be reaching out as soon as possible. 

MichaelT90
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks Brooke, I still have the ticket open you raised for me back in June.

The issue is that I've been playing ticket tennis with them for the last 10 weeks, where they ask me to delete and recreate the automations, I tell them I've done it, and it makes no difference, they tell me to delete and recreate the automations and do on...

I think it's safe to say they don't know what the issue is, and can't fix it. If only they were honest about that though... I hope I'm wrong, but 10 weeks with nothing of substance to prove me wrong

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

The issue is that I've been playing ticket tennis with them for the last 10 weeks

Aye, that's about right. I just started my ticket tennis game here in the UK. They conveniently ignored my first email to support (with a list of issues), but at least they're dealing with the second one (one issue)....

MichaelT90
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oh dear! Good luck! Don't give up. It's important that their stats reflect the real world, so it needs to stay open until the issues are actually fixed.

Whoshadagutsful
Aspirant
Aspirant

Keen to follow along in this thread as having the same issues. The system seems rendered useless compared to its old functionality. 

MichaelT90
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yep! 

Unfortunately "support" are still asking me to repeatedly setup and then delete, then setup again my automations... When I asked what they've changed to make it an excersize in futility, they confirmed "nothing" but they will close my ticket if I don't play along...

If you haven't already, make sure you raise a ticket with support, and ensure they keep it open, the more people that do this, the more likely the statistics will force them to do something... Anything...

Whoshadagutsful
Aspirant
Aspirant

What are some solutions/work-arounds being used at the moment? Primarily in my situation home/away automations not working & automations + scheduling capabilities removed?

I've given up keeping a ticket open, but will start a new one. This issue has been affecting some since 2023 according to these forums,  which is ample time I would have thought to develop the capabilities that existed before if Arlo were going to do anything.  

MichaelT90
Apprentice
Apprentice

Workarounds? Um... I'm short, no, nothing works. 

The schedules I have set without geofencing don't set at the time specified, like many others have mentioned. It's like there's a guy in a garage doing it all manually lol! 

Keeping a ticket open is about showing on their stats, sorry can't fix this issue, but it will allow the powers that be, see.

MichaelT90
Apprentice
Apprentice

The schedules times are slipping and I don't have geofencing on... Ugh... I really wish they'd sort this mess out, it's been so long now.