Military discount

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
gomikefly
Initiate
Initiate

Does Arlo offer military/first responder discount on subscription plans? 

19 REPLIES 19
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @gomikefly 

Arlo does offer discounts verifiable via ID.me

You can find this link at the bottom of the checkout page on the Arlo.com store

Hope that helps

Tutor
Tutor

Id.me states “15% Off for Military on all full priced and sale items,” that is copied pasted, but Arlo doesn’t honor it! Veterans beware! I’m 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @431 

Can you provide more detail regarding this issue? I was able to see the discount from Id.me verification in cart.

Thanks 

gomikefly
Initiate
Initiate

I was not able to get military discount on the yearly subscription from id.me. 
Is it only offered on physical products, and not subscriptions? The website description is not very transparent. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

At this time the discount exclusively applies to hardware. 

Tutor
Tutor

I got verified through Id.me and attempted to purchase a Arlo chime2 with the 15% off that is offered. Arlo doesn’t honor the 15% off because it is an accessory as was told to me by customer service! I even sent a screenshot of the Id.me site saying 15% off all items and sale items. I later got a reply from Arlo saying it wasn’t applicable to sale items even though the chime was full price at 49.99. I have 3 cameras, 2 doorbells and a spotlight camera all under subscription and have learned my lesson. All this over a lousy $15, ridiculous!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@431 When on ID.me, the restrictions drop down on the Arlo page has the current exclusions listed. All the stores have this tab with current restrictions.

Tutor
Tutor

That’s fine , but don’t use false advertising to lure Veterans to your site. If you are going to give 15% off all products and sale items then do that! Don’t wait until everything is in the cart, you are ready to pay, hit the verify with Id.me button and then find out the stipulations. It’s a waste of my time and it looks badly on Arlo. Like I said before, LESSON LEARNED.

cdcremin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi i'm in Australia and the verification using ID.me has no options for Australian locations.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @cdcremin 

At this time the Arlo iD.me discount is only applicable to the U.S.

36teacher
Tutor
Tutor

I’m not getting anywhere with my idMe. I log in and then it brings me right back to my cart I have tried a few times but it doesn’t advance to get me the discount that they offer of 15%. Please advise. I’m trying to place an order for equipment. 

36teacher
Tutor
Tutor

I’m trying to place a hardware order and idMe only lets me log in. Nothing happens after that it just takes me back to proceed with payment. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @36teacher 

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

36teacher
Tutor
Tutor

Yes. I still have a shopping cart that has items in it but no discount being deducted and I logged on to idMe twice. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@36teacher

Are you trying to purchase any accessories/bundles by chance? The discount "Excludes bundles and accessories and can not be stacked with any other promotions."

36teacher
Tutor
Tutor

There are a few items that are bundled and a couple that are not. I’m trying to order the keypad system, sensors, the pro 3 camera/floodlight, the solar panel to charge that and a doorbell.  I’m fine not getting the doorbell though if that’s one of the items that’s not discounted. I have a Google Nest that I have and I just won’t return that.  Thanks for trying to help me. I look forward to your posts. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@36teacher You can try purchasing them separately if the product is a bundled package if possible. The discount won't approve any bundles unfortunately. 

citygirl1
Aspirant
Aspirant

just subscribed to the annual plan and it was higher than the website.

in addition - never received an opportunity to claim my military discount

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@citygirl1 

The discount does not apply to subscriptions.