Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Security and peace of mind has never been so easy. Arlo Secure is a new subscription service, allowing you to maximize home security with one plan that covers all of your security devices. Arlo Secure plans deliver smarter interactive alerts, advanced object detection, cloud activity zones and more! 

Arlo Secure Features.PNG

For total peace of mind, our new Arlo Secure Plus offering is equipped with a 24/7 Emergency Response Service. With one touch, dispatch fire, police, or medical responders to the cameras location.

Want to learn more about Arlo Secure? Take a look at the information and resources below:

What is Emergency Response and How do I use it?

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/arlosecure.html
New Arlo Secure Plan FAQs
What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?
Where is Arlo Secure available?
How do I subscribe to Arlo Secure?
What options will I have when my Arlo free trial plan ends?
What is continuous video recording (CVR) and how do I use it?

If you have any questions about Arlo Secure, post down below and we'll get to you as soon as we can. If you need any more help on Arlo Secure or your Arlo Security System, visit Arlo Support for more information.
Thank you for being part of the Arlo family!

132 REPLIES 132
dcfox1
Master
Master

@HazzMatt wrote:
I saw something in the new subscription announcement that seemed like animated thumbnails on the main camera display. Can anyone confirm that?

There has been Animated thumbnails in the notifications for several months now with Smart if that that is what you mean. They are repeating that in the description.  

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

HazzMatt I like it when it works.  I got used to having it but for some reason I have had periods when it didn't show.  After my last reboot it started working again.  Been in computers since the early 80's and have never known anything with a chip that doesn't need rebooting now and then, nature of the beast.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@LandJS Yea I don't see it more then I see it work. But that option isn't a big deal for me. 

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Dc that's how I see it, it's nice but like you said it's been out a few months so I already had 2 years without it so don't get too excited when it's not.  If I was a new customer after it's launch, then I might be because I would feel I'm not getting something I should.

kanderna1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm certain the answer is likely "No," but if I subscribe to Arlo Secure today does it open up access to the prior 30 days worth of videos (so I could see July 1 vids)?  I assume those are truly gone after 7 days and only currently saved videos would be available for 30. Thanks!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kanderna1,

Correct. You will receive the benefits of Arlo Secure starting at the time you purchase the subscription. The cloud storage is not retroactive.

JamesC

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

One of the moderators may be able to confirm that for you but pretty sure you would be right.  Your computer or phone would have a trash bin where things can be retrieved but for the cloud I would think that would require massive storage for them.  James usually follows this so maybe he can answer for sure.  I did once on here see a suggestion to sign up for a plan to see if they do but haven't seen anyone confirm that it worked.  So depends if you want to spend $15 dollars to find out, nothing says you can't cancel your plan after that.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Well there you go, James answered while I was typing.  I knew he'd be around lol

kanderna1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you @JamesC.  A large TV was broken in the basement and I was hoping to find out which child was responsible. 😆

dcfox1
Master
Master

@kanderna1  You could set up local storage in case something happens again and you need a recording after they are gone. I subscribe but use local as back up. 

jw1000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there annual subscription option at an incentivized cost for the secure and secure plus plans?  (If not, there should be.)

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jw1000 wrote:

Is there annual subscription option at an incentivized cost for the secure and secure plus plans?  (If not, there should be.)

I agree that would be good.

PGalore
Luminary
Luminary
Only good if the discount rate for annual sub is greater than what you would gain in stock market. Think about time value of money. Offering annual sub is however a great idea to businesses, from car insurance to internet services.
kasperville
Guide
Guide

Horrifically bad website, app and tech service.  Cannot say this enough. Loved the cameras when I did not have to have a subscription. 

bmwdriver7175
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have multiple cameras (more than 5) across two base stations at one physical location.  One of the reasons for two base stations besides having more than 5 cameras is that the base stations are positioned so that the cameras can have the best signal strength to their base station.  If I put them all on one base station then some will not have a very strong signal and may lose connectivity.  Is it possible to have more than one base station on an account using the new Secure plan so that I can have more than 5 cameras on the account yet keep my 2 base stations for best signal strength.  That would cause me to want to sign up for this plan.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bmwdriver7175 wrote:

Is it possible to have more than one base station on an account using the new Secure plan 

Yes (and I do).

bmwdriver7175
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for that reply. I have a second home where I also have Arlos. I know I can’t include them in my unlimited plan but can I still share the two accounts so I can see my cameras of both homes under a single login like info now?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bmwdriver7175 wrote:
Thanks for that reply. I have a second home where I also have Arlos. I know I can’t include them in my unlimited plan but can I still share the two accounts so I can see my cameras of both homes under a single login like info now?

I think you actually could use one account.

But if not, you can use friend access to allow you to see all cameras from either account.

burgr86
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, that seems to work.  Not sure how you could have both homes on same account on unlimited plan as the two base stations I have in the other home have different geofencing locations.  Would that not confuse things if they are all on the same account or does that not matter.  I know they say unlimited plan is for same physical location.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@burgr86 wrote:

the two base stations I have in the other home have different geofencing locations

I agree that you couldn't use geofencing for both homes at the same time from a single account.

Getlockers
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same question like you already get 4K cloud,  cloud resolution any better than elite ? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Getlockers wrote:

you already get 4K cloud,  cloud resolution any better than elite ? 

Secure Plus gives the same 4K resolution as the old Elite plan.  One advantage is that the multicamera subcription for Secure Plus has no camera limit.  Another (limited to US subscribers) is a new Emergency Response feature.

If you are ok with Elite, there is no need to switch to Secure Plus.  But if you ever cancel your Elite subscription, you will need to switch.

ChazzLo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 cameras and only need to remotely monitor one of them. If I subscribe to your secure plan for 1 camera can I switch which camera I want in the subscription if my need changes?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ChazzLo wrote:

I have 3 cameras and only need to remotely monitor one of them. If I subscribe to your secure plan for 1 camera can I switch which camera I want in the subscription if my need changes?

You can change cameras as often as you like with Arlo Secure.   Just go into "manage cameras" on the subscription page, and drag them around.

Note that won't work with continuous video recording (which is a different subscription).

Eddie1415
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nice and amazing post this one is, thanks for sharing…