Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Husband and Wife- Allow access to emergency response

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sperez
Aspirant
Aspirant

My husband and I share an account and I have the "allow access to arlo emergency response" clicked so we can both contact emergency services if needed. It is not allowing me access these services & customer service says I need another subscription. The fine print says "Allow this person to request Emergency Response to the service location. This person will also be notified when you request Emergency Response."

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sperez wrote:

It is not allowing me access these services & customer service says I need another subscription.

Are you sure you are talking with Arlo support?  The only way to reach them is through the support area in the app.  Other methods (googling for instance) lead to scam support sites.

If this is Arlo support, then it sounds like they gave you incorrect information.  I'm tagging the mods in case they want to follow up - @JamesC and @ShayneS 

sperez
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes- via the chat on the website & via phone through the app.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sperez wrote:
Yes- via the chat on the website & via phone through the app.

Hopefully the mods will engage.  A second subscription is not the answer.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sperez,

You can share emergency response with another user but that user must given access using the grant access feature. Take a look here:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062594/What-is-the-Arlo-Emergency-Response-feature-and-how-does-it-work

https://kb.arlo.com/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-on-my-Arlo-Secure-app

JamesC

sperez
Aspirant
Aspirant
That is not working & customer service has not been able to help me either. I’ve been paying for the service for months & have submitted requests for help with no assists.