Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 23 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Whysoslow
Star
Star

I have 5 cameras (all Pro 5S) w 2 indoor and 3 outdoor. With the old app I could create multiple “modes” for automatic recording. Eg, just inside, just outside, only front door, o Lu garage, etc. I cannot for the life of me figure out why I can’t create more than the three options now offered w the newer Arlo Secure App: Arm Away, Arm Home, and Standby. Did Arlo rally take away a simple and very usueful programming feature when they upgraded? Or am I missing something …

Google links to Arlo pages stating to simply “add a mode” from the Mode tab, but tho no longer exists. 

5 x Pro 5s camrras

Base Station VMB4000

Arlo Secure app 4.5

ios 16.5.1

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't add modes when using the new UI - you have to use the 3 default ones to do what you need as best you can.

Wapple
Initiate
Initiate

Is there any way to provide feedback to bring the ability to add modes?

bmgoodman
Apprentice
Apprentice

@WappleI suggest you open your window and yell about adding more modes.  Arlo has as much chance of changing that way as by any other means I have ever tried.  This is the inherent problem with all these subscription security cameras.  Once you've sunk a lot of money into the hardware, they know you'll take a lot of abuse.  I've tolerated many things with this company, but once I lose my custom modes, I'll have to move on.

But don't worry, someone from the company will post soon that you just have to learn the new UI, without EVER giving concrete examples of how to replicate 7 modes using their new "3 modes are enough for anyone" UI.

I'm making sure to post dissatisfaction both here and on various review sites.  Maybe if sales go down, they will decide to become more "user focused".

CrankCaseCarl
Initiate
Initiate

ARLO is like MS, Win11 and Office365, change for the sake of change.
There is a need for additional Modes.

Thomamueller52
Initiate
Initiate

Going backwards.  

GregB56
Initiate
Initiate

Yes we need the ability to add custom modes and have cameras have different automation schedules.

Biscuitboy1980
Guide
Guide

We need to be able to create additional modes this is so stupid why does every new release remove capablities?  My wife accidentally upgraded to this arlo secure crap app and has made it to where we could never roll back to the app that worked great.  Removed email notifications so no way to set a different alert tone after a certain time of night that will actually wake me up.  I'm buying something new very soon.

Napier4110
Tutor
Tutor

This is crazy, I have spent $$$ on 9 cameras and 2 base stations and I can only have 2 arm modes and off!

If this doesn't change soon I will pull them all down and go with a different company. I realise Arlo wont care about loosing my subscription, but at least I can have a camera system that works, I really am livid. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All 3 modes can be used however you wish - the names are just default ones for most users. Whether custom modes will eventually show up is unknown.

Napier4110
Tutor
Tutor

Oh those are just their names! Well all is well now, 3 modes are plenty, I don't know  why I was worried. OK so one for all my cameras on, one for just the front cameras for when I'm working out back, one for all cameras off, one for....I have run out......